What's new

Question - Swarm Queen WGC question.

Noob
Decided to start learning WGC combos. Get some of them down 100% of the time I'm the lab. But when I try them in a fight it all goes wrong. I don't know if I'm imputing everything wrong. Or if I just don't have the right understanding of the WGC. For instance. If I F11 WGC then anything 212 or F44. Whatever. Is that string supposed to be unblockable. Because I pull it off sometimes and link in a mondo combo. Sometimes they will block me between the WGC and the next input. This could be because they can just block and then attack. Witch means my understanding of it is wrong. Or possibly I'm running for to long with the cancel before imputing the next attack. Oh and another question. The F112 WGC combos. Are those meant to be used against blocking opponents. Because that's the only way I pull that one off. Otherwise I just knock my opponent flying and they are to far away to follow up with another F112. Haha. One more thing. Found a rather silly combo. I love how fun D'Vorah is to play. F44 F34 F42. 6 hits. Easy as hell to pull off and does 28%. Best part of it is if its used in the corner. The F34 will volley the opponent over you and take them out of the corner. Making the opponent happy that you released the pressure. But then the F42 pits them right back in the corner and makes everybody chuckle.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
WGC allows you to continue a combo. For instance, f11 wgc f44 is a true combo. If they block, you need to cancel faster.

On block f112 is very plus, so the next blockstring is guaranteed on block. If they get hit, just add db4 as an ender.

Noob
Ok cool. So if the first hit lands. Then everything in the combo should land. Then if its a true combo should the hits before and after the WGC add to the hits total of the combo. Or will it show the hits. Then the WGC happens and resets the hits. Then the attack after the WGC will show the new hits. If that makes sense.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Ok cool. So if the first hit lands. Then everything in the combo should land. Then if its a true combo should the hits before and after the WGC add to the hits total of the combo. Or will it show the hits. Then the WGC happens and resets the hits. Then the attack after the WGC will show the new hits. If that makes sense.
If the hits reset, you're doing it wrong and the opponent should be able to block, but didn't.

Noob
I see I see. Guess its back to lab then. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong. Don't really know how to explain how I'm doing it. But there must be a common error most people do with this shit.

I see I see. Guess its back to lab then. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong. Don't really know how to explain how I'm doing it. But there must be a common error most people do with this shit.
You aren't doing the cancel fast enough. When done correctly, you shouldn't even see D'vorah start her run animation. Here is a video of what the blockstring should look like (this was recorded pre-hotfix, so the damage is not correct):

The following strings can be comboed with a WGC into 212:
F11 (Fast forward advancing mid);
F22; (Overhead)
112 (Used to punish);
B1 (Low, I'd use 11B2 to make the link easier in this case);

One of the most important things to learn is hitconfirming F11 into WGC and blockconfirm F11 into F112 WGC (when you have the necessary stamina) since the latter is a frame trap.

F44 F34 F42 is a sub-optimal combo especially in the corner: use F44 F44 11 21U3xx air throw (36%) in the corner and F44 run F44 F112xx DB4 (31-32% ?) outside the corner for better corner carry and damage.

Noob
I agree its sub optimal. I just like it because its fun to watch. Not something I would use in ranked matches or a comp. But at a mates with a mug of rum its a blast.

So I feel like a tit. I thought it was all just about getting in quick enough to cancel the grenade and follow through with the next attack. So I had been rushing it. I think what I had previously been doing was Wasp grenade, dash, dash, 212. I cant be sure because I didn't check my key log. Then on occasion I would get the run after the dash but wait for her to take a step before the 212. I can get it down now pretty consistently. And I don't follow on from the 212 yet. Just trying to burn the WGC into my muscle memory.

Anyway. What I have found is that I can land it 85-90% of the time by paying attention to my finger movements. Instead of just thinking I had it down and relying on the muscle memory. I feel like a real tool, since its pretty much the same technique I use when braking down a difficult riff on guitar.

How I do it is F11DB, 1FFBLOCK, 212. It breaks my hands out of a blast it or loose feeling. And forces me to slow the string down. I hope this can help anybody else who is having trouble.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
[QUyou ="24K, post: 1759978, member: 37307"]I agree its sub optimal. I just like it because its fun to watch. Not something I would use in ranked matches or a comp. But at a mates with a mug of rum its a blast.

So I feel like a tit. I thought it was all just about getting in quick enough to cancel the grenade and follow through with the next attack. So I had been rushing it. I think what I had previously been doing was Wasp grenade, dash, dash, 212. I cant be sure because I didn't check my key log. Then on occasion I would get the run after the dash but wait for her to take a step before the 212. I can get it down now pretty consistently. And I don't follow on from the 212 yet. Just trying to burn the WGC into my muscle memory.

Anyway. What I have found is that I can land it 85-90% of the time by paying attention to my finger movements. Instead of just thinking I had it down and relying on the muscle memory. I feel like a real tool, since its pretty much the same technique I use when braking down a difficult riff on guitar.

How I do it is F11DB, 1FFBLOCK, 212. It breaks my hands out of a blast it or loose feeling. And forces me to slow the string down. I hope this can help anybody else who is having trouble.[/QUOTE]
Do you have it down yet?

Noob
Hi Manticore. I had a little trouble getting the swarm out after the 212. Kept pressing 1 the db. But after a couple tries I got it down. I can pull them off now 100% of the time. And on a did note. I couldn't pull of any knock ups into an air throw. Such as B12 I think it was. I find that if you put in the command for the air throw before you even leave the ground she will go straight into an air throw. Just once though. If you mash it a few times to try and get it in as soon as she goes into the air ot will cancel its self out. Don't know if anybody else was having any trouble with that.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
I haven't had problems with her combos, its her WGC that give me the headaches. What I do is say, f112xxdb1, i hold 1 after db and then quickly input ff R2 into whatever string that follows. I'm doing this as fast as I can and I would swear it's not humanly possible to do it faster than I'm doing it. Apparently, it is. A friend suggested I do it this way instead: f112xxdb1, hold 1 then input f R2 f into whatever string that follows. I haven't had much luck with that so I'm looking for other suggestions? Supposedly, you can do two WGC in one block string; I can do only one before i ran out of stamina.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
You just need to cancel faster. Also it seems harder in a match because your under pressure it's good to play against someone a lot till you got then down online.

I recently picked her up and I'm having bigger progress everyday it's just online is sometimes hard

Noob
Are you starting to practice WGCs with her F11 or the F112. The F112 has to be against a blocking opponent. F11 will work if the hits land. I suggest starting with F11xxWGC. Its the easiest. As to hitting the buttons quicker, that may be what your problem is. I couldn't get it in the beginning because I was doing it to fast. For example. If you do the the F22 and cancel it into wasp grenade. She will only pull out the wasp after the second hit. Do that and hold the 1 so that you can see how long it takes. Then do F11 wasp grenade. And hold the 1 to see how long it takes for her to bring out the wasp. You will see a massive time difference between the two. Both ways you need to input it all as one string. F11df1. Or F22df1. That's the easy part. The reason you may be having trouble is that run canceling will cancel the previous command if it hasn't initiated. This you can test on F22db1. Input that and then run cancel. If you do it to fast she wont even bring out the wasp grenade. It will have been canceled by the run. If you do it really fast. She won't even run. She will do the two hits from F22 and then just stop. That timing is what makes F22 harder to WGC than F11. But knowing that the run cancel will only work after she has started the wasp grenade animation is important. Test those out and you will see what I mean. I also thought it was to be done as fast as possible. But now that I can do them I find you can do them at a medium pace. I don't feel rushed at all when doing them. And when doing F22 or 112 wasp grenade cancels. It goes even slower. But its just all about the timing of the input. I do 212db1 at a similar pace in fact. The only fast input is the run and then the combo to cancel the run. F R2 F wont work. It doesn't let you brush that. The fastest way to run is F F+R2. The second f of the dash and the block command can be pressed at the same time. But I personally do t do it that way because I listen to the sound of the buttons and play a rhythm. The F11xxwgc sounds like a paradiddle. If you count the df and the 1 as two musical notes instead of 3. Haha. But ye. Stop trying to do it all as one string. And break it down. Go up untill the wasp comes out and hold it. Get used to when she brings it up because it has to have started coming out before you run cancel it. Then pull out the wasp and practice run cancelling. Then practice running and immediately hitting the button for the next combo. You will see its easy to do them all separately. You will then be able to see where you are going wrong and can adjust it there. Try keep all the commands clean. And just keep practicing. It took me about 40 minutes or so of doing it over and over and over. I think my hands started getting tired and I started unintentionally doing it slower. Which is when I got it. I then practiced it slower and now its like second nature. Only fast part is stoping the run with the next combo. Everything else is just quick. And end of ramble.

Noob
How long are you holding the 1 for. Do t co sider the holding of the 1 as an input. Just when you df1 you don't let go of the 1 untill you need your thumb for the next face button press. You need to press the ff just after you press's the 1. Think of how quick you do df1. That speed. Imagine you have to press df1ffr2. Its all one. But only with the F11. Like I said if you do it at that pace for F22bit will never work. It would be way to fast. Try braking it down and try the F22into wasp and hold it. Practice doing F22wasp grenade and holding the wasp slower and slower. You will se you don't need to race through the input. And learning that is extremely important. Later on you will need to learn to hit confirm and you cant do that if you pressing to fast.

Noob
In fact if your mate can wgc then ask him to do it for you. And watch his fingers. Not the screen. Can maybe judge the pace that way.