What's new

**WEEK 4** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 4** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making our episode 1 show a success.

Week 4's show will be next Sunday May 29th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here to make it easier for us to find during the show. Also keep the character specific questions related to the 4 characters listed below. General questions are always welcome... Thanks

Week 4 character Lineup:
1. Baraka
2. Kabal
3. Sektor
4. Jade

Order of events:
1. Coverage of all question threads (mku/tym/srk)
2. Character specific strategy and tips with live or previously recorded game play
3. Open questions from our live viewers.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Jade:
With Jade's EX Invincibility, what's the best way to counter with a character such as Ermac?

General:
What do you use S1lent1 to record and broadcast Mortal Kombat gameplay for the show?

Keep up the good work, you guys are like the new dynamic duo of MK.

Zebster

How's my volume?
What's the best way to take advantage of Jade's Enhanced Invincibility against the different character archetypes (Zoners, rushdown, etc)?
Are there any specific tools that she HAS to use against the highest tier characters?

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
I messed around with Sektor and it looks like he excels at anti-air and zoning. Compared to similar characters, is Sektor worth playing or taking the time to master?

I want to watch this on my iPhone, I have the JustinTV app, but I can't find anything? Are the old shows on there too? How do I watch em?

With Kabals block infinite gone(hated it but loved it) after patch what will be the most typical way to continue to aplly pressure. Right now instead of doing the traditional BNB's everytime i get a launcher i have been doing j.p,B+fp,bp,fp,dash,fp,dash,fp,F+bk,Reset. Am i using the most logical way to continue pressure? Also if there is another way of continuing pressure please explain.

Oh and shout out to you two guys for taking out your time to deliver all this information to make us better gamers.

tehm

Noob
Re: Jade:

Ok. So recently I've been playing a lot of Jade as kind of a weird MK version of Guile... Basically Glow + her boomerang game to force the opponent to come to her, with b2 and u3 as the "flash kick" to punish the opponent trying to get in. I'm a huge fan of EX boomerang shennanigans too, but they all still mostly play into the same basic "zoning & counter-the-rushdown" strategy.

Thing is, every time I've heard you mention Jade it always seems to be closely followed by something like "Bulldog with EX Glow". That's like the complete opposite of what I've been finding success with. Every time I've tried to use EX Glow offensively the opponent just turtles or runs away and I feel like I've just wasted a bar for nothing. Now I've certainly had success with using EX Glow as a defensive tool , but offensively I'm apparently just garbage.

So basically I guess my question is: "Is there something I'm missing to this?" Is there some amazing mix-up game that becomes safe only in EX Invincibility? Does it give her something similar to Cage's EX Fireball corner trap maybe? Please help. =(

Altsa

Sektor questions:
Is any of his normals safe on block?
Does his EX teleport have invincible frames on wakeup?
What is the reasoning behind his Homing Missile doing zero chip damage on block?
Is Sektor tournament worthy? What are his best and worst matchups?
What is your take on Sektors Leg Lift?
Should Sektor use his x-ray ever?

My gameplay style with Sektor is that I try to keep opponent as far as possible with missiles, cover air with flamethrower and try to build up meter to create opening for combos with Homing Missiles and up-rockets. Is this the style of gameplay you would suggest and is there anything I should add to my gameplay?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
BARAKA:
When I first played the updated Baraka, I though that he was way good until I found that if my new b31 awesome launcher was blocked, I ate an uppercut or more from fast characters. What does he have that he can mixup with to be able to use b31 outside of a punisher?

JADE:
Are there any moves besides :x that beat her :en Invincibility?

SEKTOR:
Have you found any ways around getting hit by his :en Seeker Missile for that last hit of chip to kill you like UMK3?

SEKTOR
Probably gone over in the breakdown, but what are my best options to create distance once im closed in on, by someone like Jax for example.
Does Sektor have any good variation of the example you gave with Ermac with the throw-loop setup.

Kabal
The f3,2 xx Dash Cancel loop will not be infinite, but will it still be a big part of his game?
Why is jumping Kick xx iAA-fireball so much harder then jumping punch xx iAA-fireball. Or is it just my lacking execution?
How safe is Tornado Throw on block?

Not a question more of a request... next time you talk to NRS ask them about Jade having to land a hit to start a combo. As others do not have to. Yes i know the staff is almost invincible at medium range with a good player. Well i guess that answers part of my question. But ask anyways...lol

Do you believe Quan-chi (post and pre upcoming patch) is viable at the highest level of play? His mixups and traps seem incredibly effective with the help of his amazing uppercut and sweep, what do you think?

How should you deal with raiden as Shang Tsung?

Abudabi

Noob
Just reposting what I posted last week that didn't get covered:

How can Sektor get rush down characters off him that are already familiar with Sektor's moves (teleport uppercut, leg combos) Any viable wakeups? Use of flamethrower?

Tom Brady - you said Scarlet would be top tier, and she was described as a mix of Sareena and Ibuki. Does this mean that she will have an Ibuki-esque wakeup game that could shut down Kung Lao's spin?

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
Just reposting what I posted last week that didn't get covered:

How can Sektor get rush down characters off him that are already familiar with Sektor's moves (teleport uppercut, leg combos) Any viable wakeups? Use of flamethrower?
Tom Brady - you said Scarlet would be top tier, and she was described as a mix of Sareena and Ibuki. Does this mean that she will have an Ibuki-esque wakeup game that could shut down Kung Lao's spin?
Sorry we didnt get to ur questions. Two things... First, Try to make sure u get ur questions in this thread at least 2 hrs before the show. Vulcan Hades is doing me a huge favor by organizing all the question from the 4 threads ive made on MKU/TYM/SRK/TRMK, into one thread on mku. that is the only thread i reference during the show now. So if ur late, ur gonna have to search mku for the RE-ORDERED question thread that he makes there for me. Second, Tom cannot give out too much DLC information at this time. I doubt ur gonna get him to get himself in trouble by leaking info lol.

Thanks for watching everyone...

Admin, please close this thread... THe week 5 question thread can be found here http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5916-**WEEK-5**-STBL-Show-questions-Thread!!&p=65669#post65669 Please post all new questions there.