What's new

**WEEK 17** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

This week we will be covering RAIN. Tom will not only provide us with full in-depth strategy to play with this character, but also complete information on how to play against him/her. Also, we will have a guest (to be named later) on each show going forward.

CRAZY DOMINICAN JR!!

The next show will be SUNDAY Sept 11th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here! This makes it easier for VULCAN to find to create our re-ordered thread for the show.
**If you need to post a question within 2 hours from the show start time, please put them in the new thread that Vulcan creates each week. If you post in this thread late we more than likely will not see your question.

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

This week we will be covering RAIN. Tom will not only provide us with full in-depth strategy to play with this character, but also complete information on how to play against him/her. Also, we will have a guest (to be named later) on each show going forward.

CRAZY DOMINICAN JR!!

Week 16's show will be next SUNDAY Sept 11th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here! This makes it easier for VULCAN to find to create our re-ordered thread for the show.
**If you need to post a question within 2 hours from the show start time, please put them in the new thread that Vulcan creates each week. If you post in this thread late we more than likely will not see your question.

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!
see this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?10945-ADVERTISE-YOUR-STREAMS!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This question is primarily directed at CDjr, but maybe Tom can have some insight too:

While I'm not doubting CDjr's abilities, is Rain really that good of a character? I'm saying this because I know alot of the Summer Jam guys probably didn't have much matchup experience. CDjr had to switch to Jax against his brother who has alot of experience against Rain, so I'm wondering if using him will become more of an uphill battle in the future.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hmmm there are no questions
I dont really have anything to ask, but what the hell
Sub Zero vs Rain
What are your thoughts and general comments on this matchup?

Actually just thought of a question
Rain's geyser kick, is it similar to kung laos spin in that you cant touch him at all while he's in the active animation, because d+4 on that does nothing but get me smacked

Anyways as always awesome show S1lent and Tom :)

Truth

Noob
Hi Tom and Silent, I have three questions regarding Rain and the other is a more general question.

1. When Rain is doing his Geyser kick tricks (i.e cancelling them, not cancelling them) is it possible to crossover jump punch an active kick? Or will one still be hit by Rain's kick?

2. What mix-ups does Rain have? Are they all true mix-ups? (For ex: Sub's B121 and B124 aren't true mix-ups because you can crossover jump punch after blocking the first two hits).

3. What are Rain best/worst matchups, plus his strengths and weaknesses?

4. What is meant by the term that string does or doesn't "jail"?

BTW Brady remember to tech throws (j/k) and it is no longer about mind control or brain control, its's all about Brady control lol. And I release you!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
CD JR: Did you play Sheeva the other night as a joke, or were you proving that you can win with even the worst character? Or were you proving the point that even the characters that people are considering the worst, can be played in ways that allow them to win?

CD jr

Noob
This question is primarily directed at CDjr, but maybe Tom can have some insight too:

While I'm not doubting CDjr's abilities, is Rain really that good of a character? I'm saying this because I know alot of the Summer Jam guys probably didn't have much matchup experience. CDjr had to switch to Jax against his brother who has alot of experience against Rain, so I'm wondering if using him will become more of an uphill battle in the future.
rain is good i will say he is mid tier right now the reason i switch to jax was because ive been playing jax since the first patch and i felt more comfortable playing with him against my brother i was playing with a character that was barely a month old i mean my brother had way more experience against jax than rain so why he didnt beat my jax? because i know eveything jax can do im still learning with rain.also the rain and kitana match up is 5-5 while the kitana and jax match up is 6-4 in kitanas favor but i didnt care because i knew i can win jax more than rain.now is a different story i have discover so many new things with rain and im still learning.watch the match between me and my bro at summer jam and the one this past thursday at valley stream and compare.

Couple questions to add:

1. What is the purpose of Enhanced Bubble? Is there some benefit to it that the regular one doesn't have like longer control time or faster startup?

2. Rain looks like a character that has every base covered. He doesn't really lose to a lot of zoning pressure and seems to handle himself well in close. Is he a character that people will soon talk about being top tier?

3. At high level, how dependent is Rain on burning meter for Enhanced moves? Does he still play as effectively without it, or is he more like a Quan Chi or Jade where meter determines his offense?

4. Does anyone even use the damage boost? I didn't even know he had it till I saw some persons combo vid.

CD jr

Noob
CD JR: Did you play Sheeva the other night as a joke, or were you proving that you can win with even the worst character? Or were you proving the point that even the characters that people are considering the worst, can be played in ways that allow them to win?
it wasnt a joke and i wasnt trying to prove anything sheeva is my female character and she is really fun to play with i was going to use her at salty battles but she isnt ready for tournaments yet but for the next tourney i will.

is there enough time for you to teleport after a fullscreen lightning into 33~special or 43~ special?

are rains regular roundhouser cancels good for anything besides his 43 roundhouse cancel mix up?

i found after a landed b2 you can regular roundhouse cancel into dash 4.. can you land anything else after b2~roundhouse cancel besides 4?

(also, why was i banned in your chatroom s1lent1? im never disrespectful... unban if you could, ive been watching you guys form the get go and sort of upset i cant chat with everyone in there, my name is barakabuff in there)

Can you give a general breakdown of the character from the standpoint of playing AGAINST them (e.g. general weaknesses, problems that could be exploited, strategies to use, etc.).