What's new

**WEEK 14** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 14** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

This week we will be covering SKARLET. Tom will not only provide us with full in-depth strategy to play as Skarlet, but also complete information on how to play against her. Also, we will have a guest (to be named later) on each show going forward.

Week 14's show will be next SUNDAY Aug 21st. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here! This makes it easier for VULCAN to find to create our re-ordered thread for the show.
**If you need to post a question within 2 hours from the show start time, please put them in the new thread that Vulcan creates each week. If you post in this thread late we more than likely will not see your question.

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
What is Skarlets BnB to use in most matches, online and offline?

Which of her specials are safe on block?

Where should Skarlet spend most of her meter?

SpyderJ

Noob
As always love the show.

I know I messaged you about this before tom but the question was never directly answered.

Question about sub zero and his newly buffed slide
If you lay down an iceclone in open space to create distance between yourself and the opponent, or after landing a blocked 212 string or 22 string into iceclone, in open space, is it worth it with the new slide buffs to use Enh slide to shove someone into the clone. Putting down an ice clone almost always causes people to throw a projectile on the screen which the new buff would play into this realy well. Also with it being off of the combo's, the clone is standing upwards enough to allow the Enh slide to knock them into it, assuming that it is directly after you lay it down (due to time constraints) Point being, is it worth it to use this in a competitive environment or is it too situational, and not a viable way to continue pressure after putting distance between yourself and the opponent.

And as a side note, Tom, why did u have to have ur name be tom brady? During orientation for my current job, the manager constantly refferenced the football player "TOM BRADY" SO MANY TIMES, it honestly took everything in me to not burst out laughing. quotes such as " Tom Brady didnt get as good as he is now by playing video games" were very distracting.

Question to Tom...

How much chuck does a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood in netherealm???
If it's too much wood...does the woodchuck need to be nerfed??

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Since the show is about Skarlet,

How would you propose Skarlet be changed to fix the supposed lopsided matchups she has?

Do you think Skarlet will return in future mk's?

and a general question,

Since you discovered the inconsistencies with wakeup attacks, do you feel the risk is high enough that they should not be used while low on health? I recently lost a match by getting hit out of an "invincible" wakeup attack twice in a row.

Raiman

Noob
After Raidens f2,4 is blocked by Skarlet, can a b3,1,2 be interupted since Raiden doesn't have to dash in or move in at all afterwords for this string to connect. Same question goes for Reptile, Ermac, Quan Chi, Scorpion and a few other characters?

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
Did u guys read the first post? This week and everyweek going forward will be about 1 character. This week is SKARLET, so any other questions about different characters will not be covered. General questions about the game will be covered every week as usual.

Is her teleport punishable? Many teleports leave the character vulnerable when blocked, I haven't figured hers out.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Often with Kano I purposely air roll over someones head for better positioning.... as i land I often jump back toward the opponent and for whatever reason Kano's jump is overly high. At first i thought it might have been that the health bars were not moving how they normally would and was a camera trick that just made the jump appear high, but at times i jump with my opponent and i am clearly much higher then they are. Is this some sorta lil bug in the game? and can it be used to any type of advantage? and have u ever noticed this?

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Is NR ever going to release a code to allow u to have infinite energy to practice online with an opponent in player matches?

Nudge

Noob
Didn't see a week 15 thread yet but I'm a bit upset that you guys are going straight into DLC characters but haven't finished the original cast yet. Where's the Jax love??

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Hey guys,

Two questions. First... what is your mindset on meter management. At what point do you say "i'm breaking this combo"?

2nd. Do you believe it is a MUST to main her? Being able to send daggers at the alarming rate?

Thanks for your input, always insightful!!!