What's new

General/Other We need to get our $H!7 together.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
Honestly I really do love this place and everyone here. I know I had previously been on a long hiatus off the forum but I'm back and really wanna see the Lobo community strive for excellence. As it is now our character forum is extremely cluttered and OP's in sticky threads aren't as organized as I think they could be. Potential Lobo mains would have to sift through pages of information to understand everything we talk about. And since I'm using this account from now on instead of Red Venom I may have figure out something with the character guide. I'm by no means the best Lobo player in the IGAU community but I think one of our problems is everyone is trying to pass themselves off as the self-proclaimed leader of the Lobo section. Cage locked my previous MU thread, Chaosphere made a new combo thread. I'll admit it I have no shame even I tried to take initiative and make the Lobo forum my own. But I really wanna help clean things up and see this section do better

The most recent MU thread needs at least some solid MU numbers and descriptions

Chaosphere's recent combo thread could have the OP a little more organized IMO the spoiler tabs put me off

And obviously I have some updating to do on my character guide.

Also I think we need a new official tech/gameplay strategy thread unless that can be added to any aforementioned places.

These are just my suggestions. If this offends anyone just go ahead and shut this thread down.

I closed the previous matchup thread because the op wasn't being updated with any of the points we talked about, obviously because you weren't there to update it. I made a new one, granted it was with my personal post-patch chart numbers, but still had numbers that referred to post patch Lobo. And how are the matchup numbers any worse than reo's matchup thread or the op in the last thread? The only difference between all 3 were the amount of 4-6's or 3-7's not in his favor.

Chaosphere making a new combo thread is fine, the way he made it is actually kinda informative. It tells you how you can convert from most of his important combo starters, the variable combos he can perform to set up diff situations, etc.

No one is trying to pass off anyone as the definitive voice of Lobo. I only moderated the older threads, Chaos just wanted to get a new bnb thread going since the older one wasn't getting updated/had pre-patch combos in the op/was being handled by someone who doesn't visit the sub-forum anymore.

I'm not offended and won't close this thread. I only did what I did because the threads were filled with outdated info, same with chaos' thread.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
The organisation of the BnB thread is just awful imo, removing all the spoiler folders and just listing the combos would make the information much less of a chore to access.
This, it's simply my opinion but our entire section could be a little more organized. I'll take responsibility and figure out how to update my guide since CrimsonShadow doesn't want me to use my old account anymore. I feel like everything needs to be quite frankly blunt and to the point in our threads once the information is posted. Otherwise like I said, potential Lobo players would have to sift through pages of information in order to find what they're looking for which can obviously be a pain in the butt.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's not that much about spoilers as about all the levels, layers and sheer amount of clickery required to figure out that your princess is in another castle combo is under just another tag... Well, exaggerating, but the point stays. To me, it's simplier to find what I need by looking at headers. Also I think that maybe removing some chaff could be needed, but I don't really know if largely suboptimal combos are already removed or not.

Tbh I just wanted to pick up day 1 Lobo for some diversity in our "drunken" mashes we have here on occasion, and that layout just turned me away (I prefer to get familliar with strings and stuff through combo training initially. I know, I know...)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I put everything in spoilers because I figured it would be easier than scrolling through 500+ combos on the page. Literally.

I asked about it in the thread awhile ago, and nobody complained so I left it that way. to me, it's the quickest way to find the exact combo you're looking for. after all, there is only one true max damage combo for any given situation. But if everyone wants me to change it, I will.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
It's all good Chaosphere it's not about you're thread specifically. It's just that useful information was and to a lesser extent still is kind of all over the place. So Lobo players or new ones generally have to search though pages of threads for information they're looking for.