Which would you rather happen?

• Komplete

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • New Version

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
recently my main game announced its 3rd incarnation and that got me thinking about how all the fighters are doing this nowadays. because MKX is another DLC heavy game we can expect one of two things to happen.

option A after a while a "komplete"edition is released which includes all the new DLC for the original, but that's about it.

option B a new version is created for the game. meaning while still remaining at its core the game is the same some really drastic things can change that wouldn't be capable of happening with just patches

i would go into a long discussion discussing the pros and cons but im lazy and i trust you are already familiar with both options so which one would you prefer?

(personaly im with the new version, pre-game hype is almost orgasmic)

Vulcan Hades

Champion
What's the point of a komplete version if you're going to continue patching and hotfixing the game after you release the "complete" game. They should release the complete edition at the end when they decide to stop supporting the game.

But I'd rather have season/yearly upgrades but with no drastic system mechanic changes unless previous mechanics were broken or making the game too unbalanced.

Plop

Kombatant
Well I'd still like a umk9, even now. So yeah, is be up for a umkx. We know how nrs's patch patterns work

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Like a "v2" of the game? What..

Hey guys we had a really successful game here but instead of releasing a polished version of the final product which has been tweaked and contains all the characters...lets just change a bunch of shit and segments our player base and see how that goes!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
UMKX for sure, as long as they give a discount for already owning MKX (like $20).

They could do more with a new version than patches. New stages and characters that weren't even downloadable in the original; complete rebalancing if needed; 2nd X-ray attacks; new "ality" type; new modes; story mode chapters for characters who didn't have one in vanilla.

That would be way too much for downloads and patches, and it would restore life to the MK scene. Basically, NRS should do something similar to what Capcom did with SF, only without releasing 29 versions and sodomizing the fans.

Vulcan Hades

Champion

Hey guys we had a really successful game here but instead of releasing a polished version of the final product which has been tweaked and contains all the characters... lets just change a bunch of shit and segments our player base and see how that goes!
It would probably go really well considering pretty much every other fighting game devs are doing it...

The point of an upgrade is to improve the balance and the game by adding new modes and features and greatly improving the existing ones. They don't have to make drastic changes to the gameplay like USF4 did. They could just add 4 new characters and 4 new stages.

Also an update helps keep a game new and fresh when it's kind of dying down. So it helps both the online and offline scenes and makes the game live longer.

And it wouldn't be another 60$ it would probably be like a 15-20$ DLC if you already own MKX.

Last edited:

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus

Hey guys we had a really successful game here but instead of releasing a polished version of the final product which has been tweaked and contains all the characters...lets just change a bunch of shit and segments our player base and see how that goes!
Street Fighter