What's new

WAssssUPPPP! - Ghostface General Discussion

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I've seen next to no hype for this character, but I'm excited and see Ghostface as an Iconic face of the Slasher genre. I personally dressed as him for Halloween on more than one occasion as a kid.

Personally hoping for rushdown, possibly even command grabs. Biggest hope is some silly references to Scary Movie, the cult classic Parody of the Genre.

Would love this as a Fatal Reference:

And some masks for Gear:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I've seen a lot of people mention the different Scream masks for gear, I deadass did not know he even had different masks other than the Scary Movie tongue one.

Ghostface has an actual personality, so I'm hopeful that at least aesthetically he's cool. Gameplay wise I don't see him being interesting at all unless they make him a prop fighter.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I've seen a lot of people mention the different Scream masks for gear, I deadass did not know he even had different masks other than the Scary Movie tongue one.

Ghostface has an actual personality, so I'm hopeful that at least aesthetically he's cool. Gameplay wise I don't see him being interesting at all unless they make him a prop fighter.
To be entirely fair, the masks are all extremely similar with very subtle changes to the expression depending on if the director wanted him to appear more menacing or more in pain or more creepy. Then there's the TV series mask, the Scary Movie mask, a bunch of spin off concepts, and the mask from SHRIEK, a parody similar to Scary Movie.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I didn't see these "he's a regular guy," people out and about as much for Leatherface.

I also didn't see anyone wonder how in the fuck anyone on the MK roster could stop a Viltrumite or Kratos.

I think a stealth knife fighter will work just fine in this game. Worst case scenario, if him being "normal," is an issue, just say he was sucked into the netherrealm somehow and got extra strong from all the hell juices. Honestly I'm holding out hope that they go the comedy route with him, but I'll be just as happy with an edge lord serial killer.

The more I think about this character the more I want to main them. Please be OP top 1 broke asf.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I hope they make him dumb/tongue in cheek with the moves, like, make him have a funny gameplay not taking himself seriously, otherwise he would be just a guy with a knife lol

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I didn't see these "he's a regular guy," people out and about as much for Leatherface.
I was. I fucking hated Leatherface because he was exactly what I thought he'd be. They really had to stretch to reach that 3 variation limit there. Bros really said "Fuck it. In this third variation he throws the chainsaw. And thats it"

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
they're really not giving us much to be hype about. it's likely they will have corny lines like I can see Johnny Cage saying some like "please don't kill me, I wanna be in the sequel" and stuff like "i will gut you like a fish!" and fatality that are likely him doing something similar to the halloween paid fatality where he just hangs the victor like did Drew Barrymore. Or knocking the character to the cage mansion like her football player boyfriend. and I dunno. all the massive leaks that ended up being true for the game and the characters just don't really have me super excited. and Ghostface will likely just have a weapon this a different knife and color swaps like the others. IMO...they need to speed up this slow burn, give more free skins, and i don't know. I know a friend who thinks the T1000 is super cool, but she has no interest to run out and buy the game. I mean, i will likely get it but i'm not near as thrilled or excited before.