What's new

Tech - Swarm Queen Wasp Grenade Cancel Run Cancel - Stamina loop

nugava

Noob
I can't do all that shit... I am not a Kabal player... BTW, someone in his chat said you could only do 3 rep of the loop... Even if the stamina is not empty... Something to explore with all characters who has charging cancellable moves...

Black Knife

AKA Blank
I did a couple of videos on this. I don't have great execution so it's all in bits and pieces but it's easy to see how to string it all together.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Lmfao... do you guys even test shit before posting it? That gap is fucking huge. Try setting the AI on reversal and then use any armored move... fuck you could even backdash that.... it will be good for combos but not pressure.

GaoMatsu

Noob
For the people saying theres a huge gap...of course theres going to be a huge gap if you use a string that has barely any blockstun like 11. If you use f112 you are actually at a pretty big frame advantage afterwards. I set sub zero to reversal slide, and he wasnt able to slide until after this whole sequence:

f112, df[1] run cancel, 112

which means that entire sequence is a legit block string. This is actually very useful because d'vorah gets huge damage off of a f11 starter. You do f11, if it hits thats 40%, if its blocked you go into f112 dash cancel and continue pressure.

Like i said, the above sequence is a legit block string...which means you are extremely + afterwards. You can pretty much do anything you want, especially after your opponent realizes how much of an advantage you are at.

Edit: Just wanted to point out that not only can you make things hella advantageous with this, but you can make moves that are usually unsafe, safe. I was able to do f22 and dash cancel into block in time to block sub zeros slide. People are gonna have to think twice before doing that reversal input.

Last edited:
For the people saying theres a huge gap...of course theres going to be a huge gap if you use a string that has barely any blockstun like 11. If you use f112 you are actually at a pretty big frame advantage afterwards. I set sub zero to reversal slide, and he wasnt able to slide until after this whole sequence:

f112, df[1] run cancel, 112

which means that entire sequence is a legit block string. This is actually very useful because d'vorah gets huge damage off of a f11 starter. You do f11, if it hits thats 40%, if its blocked you go into f112 dash cancel and continue pressure.

Like i said, the above sequence is a legit block string...which means you are extremely + afterwards. You can pretty much do anything you want, especially after your opponent realizes how much of an advantage you are at.
After F112 you should be -9 if I'm not wrong, at any rate I think that grenade wasp cancel's utility is undeniable since it can be used to perform combos off B1 (low) F22 (overhead) F11 (huge range) and makes many unsafe strings, like 212, perfectly safe.

GaoMatsu

Noob
-9 really? I feel like the fact that the AI was set to auto reversal and auto block everything and still continued to block even after the dash cancel proves that the sequence i posted is a full on block string.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
The thing that makes me sad is that some moves can't be canceled at all.. Like f3>4 :( lol I made the mistake of trying to cancel this many times when fighting a friend.

Omega

Noob
-9 really? I feel like the fact that the AI was set to auto reversal and auto block everything and still continued to block even after the dash cancel proves that the sequence i posted is a full on block string.
I had subby do his ex slide reversal and always block. I'm pretty sure that the only way someone would be able to stop the pressure would be to poke it out right?

GaoMatsu

Noob

Depending on what you do, you cant even poke out. In this video I have sub zero do reversal slide, which has an 8 frame startup (just as fast as his d1).

First thing I do is just block, and obviously I get punished.

Then I do a frame trap: f112, dash cancel, f112, and sub zero gets hit, which means anyone mashing a move with an 8 frame startup will get hit (ill have to test the exact frame data later, but at least we know that it blows up fairly fast moves, and we can always change what we do after the dash cancel to get the tightest frame trap).

And last, I show that you can even use this to jump cancel your moves by simply pressing up forward as you run. If your opponent whiffs something, you can punish with xray, which is pretty darn fast so its really easy to whiff punish something. The jump cancel can probably also lead to some pretty interesting combos.

Edit: just tested the frame trap on scorpions d1 (5 frame startup, damn thats fast), and he still gets hit. So yeah, no ones going to mash out of this.

Last edited:

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Leave it to neverrealm to fuck up a frame listings. Everything on block stun you add 1. D'Vorah is actually -8 on the string, and sub zero is 8 start up. Thats why you can block it.

GaoMatsu

Noob
Are you talking about the f112 string? Its definitely at least -9, because if you try to block afterwards you get hit by moves with 8 frame startup.