What's new

Tech - War God War God EX Overhead 36% combo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Didn't see it in the combo thread. Had forgotten double F2 is a thing after EX OSS after recently picking the game back up and thought to see if I could optimise it a little.

War God is basically the macuahuitl. This is the reason you pick this variation, because this reversal is one of the best in the game and the best IMO. Not because of high risk low reward derp 50 50s. All your meter will be going towards it so any way to get more damage out of it is very good.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I like this combo for closing out rounds. That extra 4% compared to the regular reversal can really make a difference.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Alucard was doing these really early, I remember him doing them consistent during Combo Breaker. I prefer the hard knockdowns myself or the newer stuff I have been messing with ending in paddle toss sacrificing the damage.

E

Eldriken

Alucard was doing these really early, I remember him doing them consistent during Combo Breaker. I prefer the hard knockdowns myself or the newer stuff I have been messing with ending in paddle toss sacrificing the damage.
Same here. I prefer ending in df2 because it leaves you at more of an advantage. By the time you're able to do anything after ending in df1, your opponent is pretty much getting up again. The only time I like to end with df1 is when it's to put them back in the corner.

However, I will work on doing this to end rounds since it does do more damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I tend to do that against Goro.

IIRC Alucard doesn't know that b14 scales better, I always see him do sub-par combos with b12.

E

Eldriken

IIRC Alucard doesn't know that b14 scales better, I always see him do sub-par combos with b12.
I've noticed that b14 leads to better damage and try to use it as much as possible. However, I sometimes stray from using it because I mess them up online a lot. >_<

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

b12 is the money maker, the 100/100, hes a very smart man

do you really think he doesn't know b14 scales better? thats day 1 kotal stuff

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
b12 is the money maker, the 100/100, hes a very smart man

do you really think he doesn't know b14 scales better? thats day 1 kotal stuff
I could buy that if B14 wasn't so easy to do. You don't see people doing easy mode bnbs in much more execution heavy games. And B14 IS easy mode.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also, @Mr Aquaman and/or @Qwark28, what combos do you end into df3?
b122, safe against almost everyone, forces a block, look to bait wake up teleports and slides, depending on the match up I do it just to get people off their bar like sub/reptile/tanya etc etc. Otherwise they are eating the chip and + frames

edit: mu depending b14 is pretty neat because it leaves your opponent much closer, against tempest lao its good because you are still out of armor range and you can really use the +frames to pressure. play with it

I did this one of my training partners at our weekly and I did b122 paddle in the corner and beat his WU (did it because he had no bar and for funsies) and after paddle hits in corner you get 44-47% 1 bar ish.

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I could buy that if B14 wasn't so easy to do. You don't see people doing easy mode bnbs in much more execution heavy games. And B14 IS easy mode.
It is easy, theres easy, and theres tournament players.

The simple fact is the combo above nets you less then his normal bnbs. This you will not hit 100/100. Also never EVER do this vs shinnok and a few other characters. Wake up hellspark is pretty much guaranteed and a few characters get nasty checks as you are indeed negative. No oki is very bad in MKX. Off of bf2 there are endless possibilities. Sure you can go for this to kill, but if you drop it you die, or you can do the bnb 32%. Then run up meaty, if they wake up armor, they die from eating the meaty true mid. If they block, they die from chip. B1 spam on wake up IS EASY.

Point being

4 more % - negative on hit and not your turn

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It is easy, theres easy, and theres tournament players.

The simple fact is the combo above nets you less then his normal bnbs. This you will not hit 100/100. Also never EVER do this vs shinnok and a few other characters. Wake up hellspark is pretty much guaranteed and a few characters get nasty checks as you are indeed negative. No oki is very bad in MKX. Off of bf2 there are endless possibilities. Sure you can go for this to kill, but if you drop it you die, or you can do the bnb 32%. Then run up meaty, if they wake up armor, they die from eating the meaty true mid. If they block, they die from chip. B1 spam on wake up IS EASY.

Point being

4 more % - negative on hit and not your turn
I'm talking about B14 in general. I agree that you don't want to use the one in the OP all the time.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm talking about B14 in general. I agree that you don't want to use the one in the OP all the time.
It's a discussion to be sure, I am just talking about this particular bnb the thread is about, kotals need to b14 more of course, especially sun god

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

44 seconds in, 6 months ago, thats a long time lol
I watched most tournament he was at live, B14 into 50-50 was what he started with. He wasn't sure on whether he would whiff punish in time so he jumped in to start a mixup.

It doesn't matter anyway, people can do whatever combo they feel like but some optimal stuff just needs to be done, especially if it's easy.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's a discussion to be sure, I am just talking about this particular bnb the thread is about, kotals need to b14 more of course, especially sun god
Ever since picking MKX back up I'm still amazed by how easily people get hit by it. With sun god I usually set up a meaty sunstone or beam. Doesn't help that the matchups in my scene suck.