What's new

Wakeup EX Invis

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Somberness has revealed that EX attacks have 20 frames of invulnerability on wakeup. With this in mind, Reptile's EX invis becomes much more respectable on wakeup, as it it's essentially his fastest recovering wakeup attack.

I know EX invis escapes Noob's black hole traps, but what other setups does it escape?

Also on a side note, EX dash being a wakeup attack is a broke ass idea, as it is essentially a free getup.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Somberness has revealed that EX attacks have 20 frames of invulnerability on wakeup. With this in mind, Reptile's EX invis becomes much more respectable on wakeup, as it it's essentially his fastest recovering wakeup attack.

I know EX invis escapes Noob's black hole traps, but what other setups does it escape?

Also on a side note, EX dash being a wakeup attack is a broke ass idea, as it is essentially a free getup.
Yeah ive been meaning to toy with this because i notice the cpu does this a lot in ladder and i can hardly ever get a good oki lol.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Dash being a wake means it would be fully invincible, both ex and normal lawl.

Might try this out, but seems a little gimmicky.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Yea only top 5 characters have that pleasure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

theWasyl

Reptile the other green meat
Good stuff Im gonna start implementing this. Sup Rap hey question what are two good mixup combos i can work on that end in invis?

THTB

Yea only top 5 characters have that pleasure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, wakeup EX NDC for Kabal is 100% free for him.

This revelation about the EX wakeups are huge. I knew it was definitely more than normal, but I didn't think it was 20. This could be applied to EX acid hand, too.

Man this is a good thought. Wake up invisibility seemed so useless but ex for a free get up?! Hmm..
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

THTB

It's not free, but it certainly can work in your favor if you use it at the right times.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I put an idea to paulo on twitter a long time ago, that you should be able to wake up attack (Wake up invisibility) after an :ex Slide on hit.

He didn't respond :(

RapZiLLa54

EX acid hand and EX invisibility still have about 9 frames where you can get blown up. Its really only good if you think you're going to get grabbed/ poked/ or special moved upon wakeup.

someone should test this in the sektor match up. If you get knock down my a rocket maybe you can wake up ex invin, counter the next one and pull out acid ball

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i was messing with ex acid hand and ex invis wake up all day to day and to summarize it: ex invis wake up is like a watered down ndc wakeup but with a nice added perk of invis.. and ex acid hand wake up is pretty damn useful when someone tries to pressure you with a very slow string, a late jip, jk, grap, certain specials and verrryy effective against someone trying to cross you up since you can change the inputs effectively... also if you hit them with an ex acid hand while the person is in the air, the combo will do 36 percent instead of 29

RapZiLLa54

i was messing with ex acid hand and ex invis wake up all day to day and to summarize it: ex invis wake up is like a watered down ndc wakeup but with a nice added perk of invis.. and ex acid hand wake up is pretty damn useful when someone tries to pressure you with a very slow string, a late jip, jk, grap, certain specials and verrryy effective against someone trying to cross you up since you can change the inputs effectively... also if you hit them with an ex acid hand while the person is in the air, the combo will do 36 percent instead of 29

36% with what follow up?