What's new

Wake up attacks

Tom Brady

Warrior
1. no wake up attacks have invincibility on start up. they all have between 1-3 frames(depending on the move) where they are vulnerable before the invincible frames begin.

2. every attack that is a "wake up attack" has some kind of invincible frames. they dont all start on the same frame and dont all have the same length of invincible frames. some have 6, some 8, etc..

figured this was kind of important lol, it was made known to me at EVO. this explains a lot, like when a wake up attack thats supposed to be invincible on start up gets beat on start up. its because no wake up attack is invincible on start up

Albo

Dojo Trainee
is it possible to get this stickied? everyone should be aware of this even after NR waited four months to tell us.

hardwire

Noob
1. no wake up attacks have invincibility on start up. they all have between 1-3 frames(depending on the move) where they are vulnerable before the invincible frames begin.

2. every attack that is a "wake up attack" has some kind of invincible frames. they dont all start on the same frame and dont all have the same length of invincible frames. some have 6, some 8, etc..

figured this was kind of important lol, it was made known to me at EVO. this explains a lot, like when a wake up attack thats supposed to be invincible on start up gets beat on start up. its because no wake up attack is invincible on start up
quick question are wake ups subseptible to low pokes or trips?

it seams like any time i use smokes teleport punch its imune to any thing except for d 3 d 4 or b4 or smoke bomb

SyXX

Yolo is Power
I had suspected this for a while now. Did really no one catch on to this. I've been knocked out of wake up slide on start up more times than I can count.

Sent from my DROIDX

hardwire

Noob
I had suspected this for a while now. Did really no one catch on to this. I've been knocked out of wake up slide on start up more times than I can count.

Sent from my DROIDX
well ya but i didnt know if it was just shitty netcode or what