What's new

wake up attack test

leek

Noob
Well said

I wish it was more consistent for sure, just doesn't make any sense, you know?

it is what it is.

BSway

Noob
Hey Tom this is off topic but I was wondering why you chose "Tom brady" for your alias or whatever. Just a fan or what?

GodsLonelyman

Kombatant
Don't know If I can make much sense of what I just witnessed. I'll just assume its a random factor like many other things in MK. Cross your fingers and hope randomness takes your side.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Seems to me like it has to do with the direction of the wake up with respect to his direction on knockdown. It's like after you cross him up on the ground the wake up loses its invincibility.

Every time he is crossed up, he gets hit by the clone. Every time he doesn't reverse direction, he breaks the clone.

I know I hit people out of wake ups with Smoke on the regular after crossing them up with a whiffed teleport punch anywhere on screen. (Seems that way, anyway when I recall situations from memory)

See if you can KL Xray him out of the wake up after stepping over him?

GodsLonelyman

Kombatant
Seems to me like it has something to do with the direction of the wake up. It's like after you cross him up the wake up loses its invincibility.

Every time he is crossed up, he gets hit by the clone. Every time he doesn't reverse direction, he breaks the clone.
Hmmmm your theory makes sense, I just saw the videos again and that seems to be exactly what happened. A glitch maybe? I wonder if it's a training mode issue or if it happens during a match with a human opponent as well.

I don't know what to make of this lol I wonder how it could apply to other characters.

I think the computer has a different set of moves they cycle through depending on how far you are away. Or at least it changes the chances. Sometimes you have to backdash out of the range right after the "trigger" point in order to test certain things

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
There are two different things being discussed in these videos.
(1) Wake-ups beat X-Rays (appears 100%)
(2) Wake-ups versus Ice Clones (variable outcome)

It's possible to code situation #1 without even bringing invincibility frames into account. So let's leave this one completely alone.

For situation #2, I guess the question is "How many frames passed in each instance before Cyrax hit the clone"? This is a critical piece of information, since we have already been told characters aren't invincible for the first few frames. It's possible that everything is working perfectly, it's just the distance of the clones that are determining if Cyrax encounters them on Frame 1 or Frame 4.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This actually might add more depth to the game aslong as these properties arent random themselves

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
There are two different things being discussed in these videos.
(1) Wake-ups beat X-Rays (appears 100%)
(2) Wake-ups versus Ice Clones (variable outcome)

It's possible to code situation #1 without even bringing invincibility frames into account. So let's leave this one completely alone.

For situation #2, I guess the question is "How many frames passed in each instance before Cyrax hit the clone"? This is a critical piece of information, since we have already been told characters aren't invincible for the first few frames. It's possible that everything is working perfectly, it's just the distance of the clones that are determining if Cyrax encounters them on Frame 1 or Frame 4.
We should test to see if my theory holds water first before getting into a "some frames are invincible and some aren't" talk.

It's possible that all wake ups lose invincibility after a cross up on a grounded player.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
But seriously guys think about it, it may be inconsistent to what NRS said but look at it. If these properties do not change and atleast stay the same in a match, thats a pretty kool matchup thing