What's new

Waiting Game

i dont know y I dont just leave but its so funny i picked Ermac and this guy went down to Ermac and just wating there and ive been waiting since 10 and now its 11 04 and im just here watching tv and using my computer and still wating to have my match lol :lol:

Dubson said:
Did they seriously not put a time limit on the character select screen on the DS version?
Unfortunately, no. You can back out of the match without consequence during the character select screen, but for some reason you can't do it if you already selected your character. Therefore if I quickly pick my character and my opponent suddenly decides to not play anymore, I'm forced to reset my DS to leave. Kind of lame.

dubson

Noob
Moody334 said:
Dubson said:
Did they seriously not put a time limit on the character select screen on the DS version?
Unfortunately, no. You can back out of the match without consequence during the character select screen, but for some reason you can't do it if you already selected your character. Therefore if I quickly pick my character and my opponent suddenly decides to not play anymore, I'm forced to reset my DS to leave. Kind of lame.
Man, that sucks.

Thats the worst shit you can do when you put a fighter online.

Dubson said:
Moody334 said:
Dubson said:
Man, that sucks.

True. It's not all that common on the DS though. Most people choose their characters fairly quickly and will leave if they don't intend on playing anymore. However, you will undoubtedly come across someone that takes eons to choose a character. I'm usually patient, but sometimes it's just like "fucking pick."

This happens in Street Fighter II: HF on XBLA in rank matches. It's stupid. Since there is no time limit on choosing characters, sometimes when a garbage player faces a high rank player, they will sit on the character select screen hoping the other player gets impatient enough to leave and give him the win.

dubson

Noob
Nightshowers said:
This happens in Street Fighter II: HF on XBLA in rank matches. It's stupid. Since there is no time limit on choosing characters, sometimes when a garbage player faces a high rank player, they will sit on the character select screen hoping the other player gets impatient enough to leave and give him the win.
exactly

its very stupid.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Moody334 said:
Dubson said:
Moody334 said:
Dubson said:
Man, that sucks.

True. It's not all that common on the DS though. Most people choose their characters fairly quickly and will leave if they don't intend on playing anymore. However, you will undoubtedly come across someone that takes eons to choose a character. I'm usually patient, but sometimes it's just like "fucking pick."
Good point and very true, 9 times out of 10 this WON'T happen but when it does it's annoying... :roll: , I was playing some dude a few weeks ago and he did this to me....we had a few back and forth matches, I had a little 3 game streak on him then he goes to the select screen, and just sits there after I picked my character....I'm like umm ok, pick...2 minutes go by...still there, 5 minutes still there...I waited about 15 minutes or so then left...

Just curious, do you know moody if it hurts your rank in that case if you leave on the select screen if your foe is taking forever? :?

MKF30 said:
Just curious, do you know moody if it hurts your rank in that case if you leave on the select screen if your foe is taking forever? :?
I don't think it hurts your rank. I believe when that symbol appears in the top-left of the screen, that means you can leave the match without consequence. I think it only appears during the character select screen.

ZAQ

Noob
Moody334 said:
MKF30 said:
I don't think it hurts your rank. I believe when that symbol appears in the top-left of the screen, that means you can leave the match without consequence. I think it only appears during the character select screen.
Nice, I wonder if that is what that is for. I don't see any other use for it.

It does count as a disconnect I thought.

MKF30

Yeah, I believe Moody is correct. I just checked that out now(earlier today) and if you use the bottom screen, since it's touch it has that same back arrow icon that Moody is referring to so if you want to back out, it shouldn't be a problem 8)

xenepp

Noob
See I thought that but when you touch it, nothing happens.

Overall though I prefer the DS online to XBLA. The graphics and sound are not as good but it's far more relyable, the controls are more decent and the hidden characters stay there. Plus you can obtain them one your own without a problem.

I kinda like being able to take my time chosing too :D

-Joel

MKF30

Ehh, the graphics aren't that important in a game like this.

In the DS's situation or any portable, even the PSP...

I'll gladly take Gameplay>>Graphics, considering the conversion port to the DS I'd say it looks damn good :)

I'm happy with my DS UMK3 :D

MKF30 said:
Ehh, the graphics aren't that important in a game like this.

In the DS's situation or any portable, even the PSP...

I'll gladly take Gameplay>>Graphics, considering the conversion port to the DS I'd say it looks damn good :)

I'm happy with my DS UMK3 :D
I think DS UMK3 is pretty good. The only problem I had was adjusting to these miniature buttons. Going from arcade, to 360 controller, to DS... the buttons just keep getting smaller.

MKF30

Yeah dude, same here lol. I kept messing up simple combos the first week lol. But the D-pad is a gem IMO, I also have and am referring to the DS phat.

I LOVE the d-pad on it. 8)

I'm using the DS Lite. The d-pad is definitely a step up from that horrendous 360 d-pad. It feels wrong to even call it a d-pad. I refuse to play with that abomination to mankind.

With the DS Lite I kept messing up combos early on too. I pretty much avoided using Kung Lao on the DS because it seemed like for whatever reason I could never completely pull off his combo.

MKF30

Yeah man, I totally agree with you on the 360 d-pad, that D-pad and the PS2 d-pad IMO are the worst ever for any console...

I hate the fact that on PS2 there's spaces in between the D-pad...so dumb IMO and on the 360 like you said it sucks...can't buffer moves correctly, movement sucks and I can't say how many times I've jumped when I didn't want to :x

DS d-pad=the best on any UMK3 arcade port thus far IMO.

I remember this sorta thing happened to me too.
I forgot the dude's name, but from where the cursors start, I move to Ermac, he moves to Kabal and we wait for 5 minutes. I highlighted Jax, [ban incoming] highlights Stryker (I'm sure everyone knows why...) and we wait for an additional 10-15 minutes. I was mindlessly creating wrestlers in Smackdown! vs RAW 2008 while I was still waiting. I was hoping for the leeched Wi Fi to die out, but no, the game kept going with good connection, highlighted on the same characters. I won't over exaggerate when I say this, but I created four wrestlers already (with movesets and all that) and I looked at my UMK DS and said to myself "This dude's killin my battery...did he leave the game running?" So I checked by highlighting Sheeva...one minute later he highlights Kabal...I dropped...Then I dropped dead for waiting like a retard. That's what I'm gonna do if I'm really mad at it, other than that, I'd be the better man and just random select.