What's new

Question Vs Raven & Deathstroke?

LEGEND

YES!
i find Raven pretty easy. You just sit full screen and make her come to you, you can punish Soul crush with FB every time and trade with her projectile with Impact event or FB. Teleports get D2ed or D1ed if she does it grounded. And i find Sinestro's close game and footsies to be superior

My problem with Deathstroke starts when you get just around jump range, cause your FB doesn't punish his gunshots yet and you have no safe options to advance without entering into 50/50 town. Sinestro just isn't capable of offense without his trait and you're not going to be building it in this MU so really i'm at a lose for what to do, i have no problem getting in most of the time but once i am in i'm still at a disadvantage

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Mmk, the most trouble that I have with DS is his QF, as it seems like none of my moves are fast enough to punish so I end up slowly walking/dashing towards him.

Le Froglet

GT: TheFrog 87
Yea DS is a tough matchup, Killer Frost is always a hit and miss with me, sometimes it goes very well other times horrible.

Hello!! So this might get some negative replies but I honestly don't know how to deal with bane as sinestro. When he's in my face I feel utterly helpless. I've had meaty c.grabs catch my jump on wakeup. I went to the lab and set sinestros wakeup on arachnid sting and I can blow it up all day as bane. I caught the AI jumping on wakeup with it too. I really need help with what to do here. I am puzzled :(

ApertureBlack

Hello!! So this might get some negative replies but I honestly don't know how to deal with bane as sinestro. When he's in my face I feel utterly helpless. I've had meaty c.grabs catch my jump on wakeup. I went to the lab and set sinestros wakeup on arachnid sting and I can blow it up all day as bane. I caught the AI jumping on wakeup with it too. I really need help with what to do here. I am puzzled :(

Its cool.

Don't rely on Arachnid wakeup, its average at best and has no armor, most of the time the best thing to do is either block/backdash or use a fast move such as d1 if he isn't using armor. If he is constantly pressuring you, use pushblock and send him back. 3 normally beats all of his jumpins and ist 0 on block, so its safe on block and hit.

Also, doing 3 at the right time makes you immune to grabs, Ive been using this a lot lately vs command grabbers.

I assume you know how to avoid charge and punish and good zoning?

Its cool.

Don't rely on Arachnid wakeup, its average at best and has no armor, most of the time the best thing to do is either block/backdash or use a fast move such as d1 if he isn't using armor. If he is constantly pressuring you, use pushblock and send him back. 3 normally beats all of his jumpins and ist 0 on block, so its safe on block and hit.

Also, doing 3 at the right time makes you immune to grabs, Ive been using this a lot lately vs command grabbers.

I assume you know how to avoid charge and punish and good zoning?
So will 3 start up fast enough on my wake up versus a meaty c.grab or should I just try to the mb b3? I know how to avoid charge and punish. I don't know if my zoning is "good" or not lol. You can't back dash his c.grab. Thank you for the info! Ill definitely use 3 to aa more often now.

ApertureBlack

So will 3 start up fast enough on my wake up versus a meaty c.grab or should I just try to the mb b3? I know how to avoid charge and punish. I don't know if my zoning is "good" or not lol. You can't back dash his c.grab. Thank you for the info! Ill definitely use 3 to aa more often now.
3 beating out his command grabs just depends on how good he is at timing the frame. Basically watch out for his grab when he has venom, but without it he is fodder to literally everything you have.

I posted this earlier, but ill put it here in case you didn't see it.

3 beating out his command grabs just depends on how good he is at timing the frame. Basically watch out for his grab when he has venom, but without it he is fodder to literally everything you have.

I posted this earlier, but ill put it here in case you didn't see it.
With banes new venom buff he always has venom :( thanks for the vid though that helped!!

I also have some trouble with Raven most of the time I win the MU if I'm (surprise!) patient and don't let her get in my head. But admittedly a truly good raven player can be quite a beast. Her combos seem to never end at times and she has good set ups. Also her wake up just about destroys any set up I have after a knock down with the exception of a well timed cross up. If you can't cross her up just block. I will second what LEGEND said about her teleports as well. D1 and d2 will make them think twice about doing it especially when you get a nice combo out of D1.

I am going to try all of the suggestions against Bane and Grundy. Most of the time with these MU once they're in they're REALLY in. Especially against Grundy.