What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Cyrax vs Mileena?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Just wanted to get some input on the Cyrax vs. Mileena MU. As far as I can tell, the ONLY thing Cyrax can punish is the roll. What do you do against Mileena's B12? Cyrax can only punish that with 7-frame S1, but Mileena's B12 usually pushes Cyrax too far away for S1 to connect. His 7-frame D1 can poke after her B12, but it usually misses due to short range. Cyrax has no viable reversals against B12.

What do you guys think?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Just wanted to get some input on the Cyrax vs. Mileena MU. As far as I can tell, the ONLY thing Cyrax can punish is the roll. What do you do against Mileena's B12? Cyrax can only punish that with 7-frame S1, but Mileena's B12 usually pushes Cyrax too far away for S1 to connect. His 7-frame D1 can poke after her B12, but it usually misses due to short range. Cyrax has no viable reversals against B12.

What do you guys think?
only roll? sure you can punish telekick/air sai aswell.
when u say "punish" b12 with s1 your not going by the in game frame data of b12 on block are u? thats wrong.(nevermind if just reading you wrong :/)
f1 might be better to challenge after b12 than s1 because of range but both that and s1 will lose to d3, cyrax cant seem to do much against b12,d3 at 1st glance.
if you block b12 and another b12 is attempted you can jip for full combo, if only b1 was done after b12 jip can be blocked, if you jumped and mileena did d3 she can still recover in time to aa with roll so it is risky to try just after b12 but all challenge options cyrax has(to my knowledge) will just get beat out by a d3.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
only roll? sure you can punish telekick/air sai aswell.
when u say "punish" b12 with s1 your not going by the in game frame data of b12 on block are u? thats wrong.(nevermind if just reading you wrong :/)
f1 might be better to challenge after b12 than s1 because of range but both that and s1 will lose to d3, cyrax cant seem to do much against b12,d3 at 1st glance.
if you block b12 and another b12 is attempted you can jip for full combo, if only b1 was done after b12 jip can be blocked, if you jumped and mileena did d3 she can still recover in time to aa with roll so it is risky to try just after b12 but all challenge options cyrax has(to my knowledge) will just get beat out by a d3.
Mileena can block or duck F1.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I've had "some" luck using ex-db3 bomb as a reversal against B12, but it's gimmicky. The ex-bomb trades with ex-roll, but you have time to recovery and wake-up into a combo.

ex-net is also probably a good idea to take away meter from her OH ex-roll.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I reckon you could punish tele-kick everytime using d1~net.

Beyond this, I think Mileena has the upper hand in the neutral. She simply has no reason to try and force the agenda and can chuck projectiles at Cyrax and wait for a mistake. Her roll is an amazing whiff punisher. Up close, she has really good buttons.

It's definitely and uphill battle for Cyrax.

(My post applies only to Piercing)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Mileena can block or duck F1.
ye i know but was saying that f1 might be better challenge option because the range that you were talking about challenging button presses with s1/d1. like i said in other message cyrax doesnt have best options vs b12 as b12 to d3 beats anything he wants to try

I reckon you could punish tele-kick everytime using d1~net.
f13~net/f1~net on telekick/telekick~airsai

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Against one of my buddies, he just throws the net out and closes the distance so he can get busy with his nets/bombs. He plays my Mileena a lot so he knows what to look for in my tendencies but iirc he just does his mid/low string (or maybe its a high) to punish my roll and telekick. He spaces my b12 out well enough and makes me fear that slide. Maybe I don't know the Cyrax MU as well as I should but he's one of the characters I'm afraid to make a mistake against because of the damage output.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
So Cyrax can punish ex and regular telekick with F13-net, but sometimes F1 will whiff because Mileena's hitbox is really small immediately on telekick recovery. I thought I should share that. F21 might be better then... or just F4.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
They should make ex high bomb hover arround him like Kung Lao's hat.

:>