What's new

Vs. Kabal

Thanks to reo, Kabal is one of those sexy characters a lot of people have picked up. I'm interested in hearing fellow reptile players give their opinion on what to do in the match up.

Personally I think its a pretty even match up. But admittedly, I struggle sometimes while getting zoned out as i am astonishingly impatient. I did play a guy in the xbox Tourny room, forgot his name, and he was really good with Kabal. I only took like 2 out of 5 games.

I feel like ill run into a few this coming weekend at flawless victory so I thought I'd get some fresh opinions.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If Kabal is sitting back, this matchup becomes so easy. Just sit back and forceball. iaGB doesn't work on Reptile during the forceball animation, and blocking his saw/GB equals free projectile on screen. Throw out occasional EX forceballs if you think Kabal will straight up ND into you. Because of JKGB, AAs with d4 are very risky.

Learn the frame data for Kabal's NDC pressure. REO's vid perfectly describes everything you need to know about that.

If Kabal is sitting back, this matchup becomes so easy. Just sit back and forceball. iaGB doesn't work on Reptile during the forceball animation, and blocking his saw/GB equals free projectile on screen. Throw out occasional EX forceballs if you think Kabal will straight up ND into you. Because of JKGB, AAs with d4 are very risky.

Learn the frame data for Kabal's NDC pressure. REO's vid perfectly describes everything you need to know about that.
Yeah seems like everytime I anticipate an IAGB and throw a forceball I get a ground saw instead haha.

I'll check reo's video also.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

well the ground saw is only like 7%? just eat that shit, its not a big deal. Reptile actually can zone out kabal surprisingly. I think reptile can get out of kabal pretty well considering he has the fastest move in the game

When you get out that fb, the match becomes your level of play. So get that out