What's new

Vita glitch or known cancel?

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
I was recently practicing 334~tp - f2~shocker - 334 superman when I noticed something that no one really discusses in any of the damage charts or combo lists.

When you do that combo as written, it is 10 hits for 37%...However, I noticed when you dial it in quick on the back end and cancel the 334 into superman, it hits for 8 - 33% + 2 - 9% making the whole combo worth 42%. By cancelling the 334, it tallies up the damage of that immediately and counts the superman as its own independent 2 hit combo.

Is this just a glitch on the vita or is it a well known issue with the combo that depending on speed it could be worth 37% or 42%?

I know this game is fairly old already and not claiming "zomg discovery!!1!1!"...I just wanted to know if this was a vita glitch so I don't go trying to maximize damage and accidentally drop it from going too fast.

AssassiN

Noob
Yes it's known and no it's not recommended to do it.
Why?
Well, set the AI to auto block and you'll know why.
The opponent can block the superman and go for a full on BNB punish.

It works on the consoles as well.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Awesome thanks for the info, I did not even consider putting the computer on block because they are still in mid-air during the 334...I would not have even thought they could land a block at that point. Appreciate it.