What's new

Match Footage Videos of Me at a Local Tournament

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Excellent corner pressure

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out which situations I can squeeze in a standing 4 before going into 2,2,2. I've noticed on several occasions in the corner that 2,2,2 will whiff if I do a standing 4.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Some things i noticed:

- very good use of ex slide, i think only Tom Brady does slides better than you do.
- you didnt really maximize your corner damage, opting for 222 rather than b12 214. (also brady style)
- really good patient playstyle. you somehow managed to stay in control of the match by reacting rather than acting
- alot of 222 clone setups in the corner, very little 212 clone
- almost no B121 staggers

Your playstyle is almost inverted to mine, damage midscreen and lockdown in the corner. I like to push the opponent to the corner with pressure and stagger strings, slowing progressing to the corner. Then i unleash massive damage in the corner.

Very good gameplay, definitely top notch. Congrats on taking grand finals.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Yeah...right now, I've made my gameplan be "Get them in the corner first, then wreck shit up."

This tournament was the first time I was trading possible mix-up's for making them get into the corner my top priority.

Spletty

Grandmaster
214 Freeze, standing 4, 222 is the setup tom uses that is similar to yours. If they're frozen high then you can stand 4 them

Spletty

Grandmaster
214 Freeze, standing 4, 222 is the setup tom uses that is similar to yours. If they're frozen high then you can stand 4 them

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out which situations I can squeeze in a standing 4 before going into 2,2,2. I've noticed on several occasions in the corner that 2,2,2 will whiff if I do a standing 4.
Generally after 214~freeze. You can also 212/224~freeze, 1, 222, Ice Clone.

Very nice. I play a very similar style. Nice converting on the high hitting 21s with the 224 follow ups. That's experience right there. Thank god you won on that Sindel. I despise Sindel and counterpickers. Overall though, they didn't seem too challenging. It'd appear he didn't have much Sub matchup experience. You don't jump at Sub. Lol

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Dark_Rob

Question: Do you think that we should have a thread created dedicated to our own recorded tournament performances or should we just fit those within the already existing Tech / Strats video thread?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Imo there should be a "match vid thread". Like everyone else has. There we could post casuals and/or tournament shit.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Online matches shouldn't be posted in this forum. Ever. And that goes to all other characters, not only here...lol

Sorry, that's how much I love online gameplay.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Online matches shouldn't be posted in this forum. Ever. And that goes to all other characters, not only here...lol

Sorry, that's how much I love online gameplay.
This is the kind of elitism I can't stand...

JUST b/c it's online doesn't mean that someone can't come away with a strategy that could be useful. I mean, you can test them out offline and see what happens. Get that ... online is shit... crap out of here.