What's new

Tech - Cryomancer [Video] Easy 36% Combo (1 Meter)

Thought this would be helpful for people. Also really easy combo.

111xxDF2, F421+3xxDB2(MB), NJP, F421+3xxDB2

Lokheit

Noob
Instead of the NJP you can use Back 2 into run. It scales better, deals better damage and it's not hard to continue. Also after the freeze you have plenty of time to land a Jump In Punch for free damage.

That same combo should be around 40% if you do that. B12 is also a better starter if you wanted to show damage as it scales better even if the damage is slightly lower than 111. 111 is better for punishes though.

Instead of the NJP you can use Back 2 into run. It scales better, deals better damage and it's not hard to continue. Also after the freeze you have plenty of time to land a Jump In Punch for free damage.

That same combo should be around 40% if you do that. B12 is also a better starter if you wanted to show damage as it scales better even if the damage is slightly lower than 111. 111 is better for punishes though.
Cheers, I did not know those. Though I do suck at run cancels.

Lokheit

Noob
Cryo's run cancel is easy because of the reach of F4, a bit of time in the training room and you should get it :)

Lokheit

Noob
This is what happens when you get ppl jumping on the band wagon
As a Cryo main it's starting to feel weird how many people are jumping into the bandwagon and you can tell who didn't play it before because they don't apply some basic Cryo (or universal Subbie) tricks when proposing combos :p

I hope the bandwagon doesn't come with future nerfs ughh.

Ppl stop making new threads for weak ass combos
You could just not read it and not comment. It's quite easy. Instead of clicking on the thread and reading it, you simply don't read or comment. Easy. You can lab it up by trying it with other threads too.

Lokheit

Noob
You mean jump on the Sub-Zero bandwagon, who has been in it since MK1, which is when I started playing MK.
To be fair I think he means the Cryomancer bandwagon, which was in a bad state until the patch.

Don't get us wrong, we will help in any way we can (at least I intend to) but it's true that things could get a bit out of control if each video gets its own thread once the real wave of new Cryomancers comes (and it's going to be big).

As a Cryo main it's starting to feel weird how many people are jumping into the bandwagon and you can tell who didn't play it before because they don't apply some basic Cryo (or universal Subbie) tricks when proposing combos :p

I hope the bandwagon doesn't come with future nerfs ughh.
Cryo was the very 1st character variation I played as. Left it due to low damage. Glad of the buffs and enjoying him now.

I don't apply the tricks as, well, I'm shit. No way around it, I'm just not that good :)

p.s. I didn't want to put it in the combo thread as it's too many posts to go through and personally I found it too much hassle to go through it all when I was looking for inspiration.

Lokheit

Noob
Cryo was the very 1st character variation I played as. Left it due to low damage. Glad of the buffs and enjoying him now.

I don't apply the tricks as, well, I'm shit. No way around it, I'm just not that good :)

p.s. I didn't want to put it in the combo thread as it's too many posts to go through and personally I found it too much hassle to go through it all when I was looking for inspiration.
Don't worry I didn't intend for it to sound insulting, sorry if it did.

Cryo's tricks are easy to learn if you invest some time in the lab and also this forum (some of the most helpful posters belong to the SZ community), and with time you will get to know some easy stuff that will improve your game.

I've dedicated a lot of hours to the variation and know the damage scaling from each move like the palm of my hand (literally could list the damage percentage penalty for every move and special), I'm glad to help in any way I can and it's good to see videos like these to help players improving their combos. But if we keep them together it will be easier to keep track of them and help in any way we can.

PS: If you're having trouble with the B2 run cancel, this advice tends to work: let the opponent fall a bit instead of rushing the F42, don't worry too much about getting him too soon, there is more time than it looks like before he touches the ground.

Don't worry I didn't intend for it to sound insulting, sorry if it did.

Cryo's tricks are easy to learn if you invest some time in the lab and also this forum (some of the most helpful posters belong to the SZ community), and with time you will get to know some easy stuff that will improve your game.

I've dedicated a lot of hours to the variation and know the damage scaling from each move like the palm of my hand (literally could list the damage percentage penalty for every move and special), I'm glad to help in any way I can and it's good to see videos like these to help players improving their combos. But if we keep them together it will be easier to keep track of them and help in any way we can.
Fair point regarding keeping them together. On a side note I proposely put "easy" in the thread title for people more of my skill level.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
To be fair I think he means the Cryomancer bandwagon, which was in a bad state until the patch.

Don't get us wrong, we will help in any way we can (at least I intend to) but it's true that things could get a bit out of control if each video gets its own thread once the real wave of new Cryomancers comes (and it's going to be big).
This
I'm at work don't have time to be polite