What's new

Question - Vicious Vicious NJP Makes Everything Free

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
How do you shut down vicious njp? The range is insane, it hits behind, it's safe, and it leads to at least 30% or more. It also seems to have priority over practically everything. How do you deal with it?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
It's not safe if Ferra Torr does NJP up high, but otherwise, it's rough, for sure.

MK Led

Umbasa
For really though, if you're playing an njp happy f/t, just hang back, and throw out whatever ranged attacks you've got. You can't just jump around like a mofo or advance in with moves that don't have a very high vertical hitbox, you've gotta use your noggin. :D

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
Hard to block and punish because it hits so far away and controls space really well. Also, you also can't run under it because the hitbox hits behind.

So basically bad news if you don't have decent zone or a tp.

MK Led

Umbasa
Hard to block and punish because it hits so far away and controls space really well. Also, you also can't run under it because the hitbox hits behind.

So basically bad news if you don't have decent zone or a tp.
Yep.

Well not necessarily, haha. Stuff like some of d'vorahs strings using her ovipositor thingos (don't know the inputs), and any of kenshi's rising karma-esque moves are fairly decent at punishing it - large vertical hitboxes are your friend.

Edit: I wouldn't actually recommend TPing against the njp, you can punish stuff like kung lao's and kenshi's TPs fairly easily with it.

Last edited:

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Whiff punish it if you have a character with that range or punish it if the torr player if doing it while ascending.

MK Led

Umbasa
Ferra/Torr is pretty easy to zone out to be honest. No reason to even deal with that at all.
Well, the variation that is easier to zone out is the one without the killer njp, but Ferra eats projectiles for breakfast, literally. So if you know the match-up its very possible to get past most characters' zoning with enough practice.

Well, I'm speaking from my own experiences...as a Reptile main. I feel like Reptile does out zone Ferra even with the "eats projectiles for breakfast" because Reptile throws them out for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

Is it really minus on block if done on the way up? Also I assume a fast forward moving or ranged special/normal/string would be able to trip guard him upon landing