What's new

VF Scrub turned MK Hitbox Scrub

domaug

VF Player/MK Hitbox Noob
Hey TYM members. I'm trying out different fighting games so I'm not just playing VF5FS all the time. I've always liked Mortal Kombat games and wanted to start playing MK9 more seriously. My first MK game was MK2 on the Genesis.

I'm not even that good of a player on Virtua Fighter but it's currently my favorite fighting game. I LOVE how Mortal Kombat returned to its 2D roots, though, even though I'm not a fan of many 2D fighters. It just feels right with MK and I enjoy it way more than the likes of Blazblue, Street Fighter, etc.

I usually play on stick but I just got a Hitbox so I'm learning that (now cue the Kabal/Kung Lao noob comments lol). I'm currently learning Kitana, Smoke, and Skarlett. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum (even if my role here is negligible). Hopefully I can eventually establish myself as more than a scrub. lol

Goldi

Warrior
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here :)

I used to play VF way back on the Saturn all throughout Sega's lifespan lol. I've tried to play VF5, but I'm kinda too addicted to MK.

Oh, and you'll find MK pretty hitbox friendly, no quarter circles (diagonal) inputs. I'm a hitbox Jade and can never get that motion in other games.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Welcome dude. If you aim to stick with Smoke head to the forum and we can get you hooked up! If you have questions just post them in the Ask Smoke thread!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Welcome to the site! It's nice to have new members, I completely forgot about this sub-forum haha.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
You're already a stick user, so I guess suggesting a pad is out of the question. As you've no doubt found out, mk is actually a pretty lenient fighter. Welcome aboard. You use smokie? I guess Cyrax would be right up your alley too. :p

Espio

Kokomo
Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here :). Tons of great info to help you level up from video guides, frame data threads etc.

It's nice to play a variety of fighting games, improves your skills and fundamentals in all fighters.

domaug

VF Player/MK Hitbox Noob
You're already a stick user, so I guess suggesting a pad is out of the question. As you've no doubt found out, mk is actually a pretty lenient fighter. Welcome aboard. You use smokie? I guess Cyrax would be right up your alley too. :p
i'm learning Kitana full-time right now, but i also wanna learn Smoke and Skarlet. Cyrax just doesn't feel right to me IMO.

ideally i wanna eventually tag with Kitana/Skarlet and Smoke/Skarlet. all three of them are appealing to me but i wanna anchor any team with Skarlet.

domaug

VF Player/MK Hitbox Noob
btw thanks for the comments :D

i'm going to brush up on some of the Skarlet/Kitana/Smoke threads now