What's new

Very new to sektor

Hi, I just started playing sektor due to a recommendation, and I've been having a few issues. I have no problems with his combos, but I can't seem to ever be able to initiate any semblance of offense when I'm being pressured. His moves seem to come out very slow and have low priority. I feel like I must be doing literally everything wrong. Been playing online for an hour now and haven't won a single match. Not one. Any help would be appreciated.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
his jab *1* is incredibly fast and use f2 to help you get in. Use fire and missiles to keep them away then catch them off guard with a f2, then start jabbing and you can either quickly do the b34 combo or u3 in to overhead if they crouch. You need to read your opponent well if you plan on doing the u3 overhead because you can easily eat a uppercut.

Yeah, Sektor can struggle with pressure, both applying and escaping. I really don't know what to tell you other than just put more time into the character so you get accustomed to their tools. What are you on, PSN or Live? If you're on PSN you can add me and we can grind games until you have a better idea of how Sektor plays.

But Sektor actually has some of the fastest moves in the game. His 1 is only 6 frames and leads to a launcher and b34 is I think is the fastest non-special low starter in the game. It's just a matter of putting in the time so you know how to utilize them.

ryublaze

Noob
Get out of pressure with 1 or d1. His moves are actually fast in my opinion. You can mix any of these when rushing down:
1, 2 (opponent can crouch both hits so be careful)
1, 2, 2, Flame Burner/Up Missile or Homing Missile (watch out for advancing moves like Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick)
2, 1
2, 1, 4
D1
D3
B3 or B3, 4 (which can be hit confirmed into Teleport Uppercut)
Throw

You can use F2 to move in. After F2, it sets up perfect distance for B3. Up Missile and Homing Missile pressure can put you back on the offense assuming your opponent will block the missile (watch out if the opponent counters you while moving in). In a combo after Teleport Uppercut or EX Teleport Uppercut you can use Up Missile to start pressure again (watch out for opponent's wake-up attacks). I typically use this opportunity to go for a Leg Lift but it's up to you.

You get a free jump-in or throw attempt if the opponent chooses to block Up Missile. Before Up Missile/Homing Missile reaches the opponent if you hit them with B3 then the opponent can't block the Up Missile. Usually if Up Missile hits, you can go into a full combo, but in this case the opponent will be able to block your next attack (you get a free jump-in too).

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I don't understand how we can give you information and you can't say thanks...maybe this is part of what tom brady meant...

lennyzamora

lin kuei
I don't understand how we can give you information and you can't say thanks...maybe this is part of what tom brady meant...
Man this information is not only for him, I´m very happy for this information is very helpfull, thanks very much

It is appreciated, thank you everyone. Especially RomeoBravoDelta for playing some with me online. I haven't been around lately due to getting very busy with work. But anyway, sorry if I offended anyone Mao.