What's new

Tech - Venomous Venomous Damage Over Time BUG

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
So I was playing an online set recently and this happened...

As you can see he was hit by the EX Bug Blast which does 16% including the DOT and then he had around 5% left and I blocked his teleport, D2 punished anddddd he survived...

Anyone else experienced this/know a way to replicate it? Let me know.

Lokheit

Noob
Quick question: can venom DoTs kill an opponent? I've read some won't kill (though the ones that I read on past patch notes still kill so IDK). I ask this because if that's the case, maybe the dot tick happened at the same time than the uppercut and the instruction to not kill him was triggered? I might be completly wrong here if the DoT can kill him.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Quick question: can venom DoTs kill an opponent? I've read some won't kill (though the ones that I read on past patch notes still kill so IDK). I ask this because if that's the case, maybe the dot tick happened at the same time than the uppercut and the instruction to not kill him was triggered? I might be completly wrong here if the DoT can kill him.
Pretty sure this is what happened as she cant kill from DOT.

So I was playing an online set recently and this happened...

As you can see he was hit by the EX Bug Blast which does 16% including the DOT and then he had around 5% left and I blocked his teleport, D2 punished anddddd he survived...

Anyone else experienced this/know a way to replicate it? Let me know.
I had this happen when playing a set with one of our clan members i ended up winning but he still had magic pixel showing when it said finish him. I asked him if he saw that too

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Looks like the properties of the DOT tick took over the d2 damage.

Like the dot ticked at the same time as the d2 hit so instead of killing it left him with a magic pixel. Because the dot doesn't kill.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The magic pixel tends to be given back to your opponent after death since the big patch. Whatever changed there probably is connected. That it can actually prevent a kill kinda blows.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The magic pixel tends to be given back to your opponent after death since the big patch. Whatever changed there probably is connected. That it can actually prevent a kill kinda blows.
Kind of a random self quote, but has venom always taken the fatal opportunity away from you on win? I've spent something like an hour and a half playing the computer with Venomous and I have only gotten a fatal opportunity once just a moment ago. The magic pixel always returns and the venom (I'm assuming) knocks them down. I don't know how many matches it's been, but it's been a bunch of times.

I'm not super observant, so maybe it's always been that way and I've not noticed since I don't tend to fatal, but not being able seems kind of like a thing that shouldn't be a thing.

Kind of a random self quote, but has venom always taken the fatal opportunity away from you on win? I've spent something like an hour and a half playing the computer with Venomous and I have only gotten a fatal opportunity once just a moment ago. The magic pixel always returns and the venom (I'm assuming) knocks them down. I don't know how many matches it's been, but it's been a bunch of times.

I'm not super observant, so maybe it's always been that way and I've not noticed since I don't tend to fatal, but not being able seems kind of like a thing that shouldn't be a thing.
I think it does alot since the spray has so many fast hits i guess

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I think it does alot since the spray has so many fast hits i guess
It's not on spray ender. It seems to be limited to wins with high venom combos. Combos don't typically deny fatals, but they can for venomous apparently. Not sure how related to the op bug it is, but could all be tied together.