What's new

VA strike of 2016-2017 have anything to do with the MK11 Re-casts?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He sounds nothing like Kevin Conroy, and if it is, NRS will have a much bigger problem on their hands for having a white dude do a fake Asian accent. They didn't even have Sub-Zero do that and Steve Blum is probably the most recognizable VA of all time.

The leak your referencing took stuff from a different leak that came out prior, that's why they nailed the Ronda, Geras, and Kronika stuff but missed on a lot of other things. They didn't even have Baraka and Scarlet in their roster.
Yep, definitely not Conroy(I'd love to know who started that rumor lol)This is true, with how uber PC we are now with everything however, I do want to point out that with Sub they can get away with a white guy doing his voice since Sub-Zero technically is half white, half chinese. Scorpion however is fully Japanese.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I like the points you make. I guess I just hate the new trend of companies bending to social justice for the sake of saying they bent to social justice. I feel like it’s ruining more things than it’s helping. And most often, it’s not even the minorities doing the complaining.
Exactly, minorities can speak for themselves they're not babies and thinking they need protecting is actually placing them lower than white people and now that's racist AF. Any VA regardless of skin color or gender should be able to play any part if they are the right fit for it. Laura Bailey has such a wide range she can play a hundred-year-old vampire and kid trunks, a boy, and I never heard anyone complain about that.

So y'all need to let these companies do their freaking jobs and stop trying to pretend like you know what's 'morally' best for everyone.

I wish I could nut punch politics, it's ruining everything.

Xelz

Go over there!
Btw, an actor citing industry politics can mean something as simple as their agent isn’t as chummy with a casting director as another actor's agent, so they got passed over for a role. I wouldn’t read too much into it until and if the VA clarifies it.