What's new

Tech Utilizing the Neutral Cross-over

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Credit to Hundred Frames for the discovery of the tech.

Thread can be found here: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/neutral-crossover.36029/page-2#post-1036695

To give a brief rundown of what this tech does: After a charge, Bane is able to dash over his enemy for a standing cross-up. The quality of that is enough, but Bane can continue to dash over the enemy after multiple specials such as double punch and venom uppercut. There are two main lead-ins to this tech, being f.2.d and j.1/2/d.3 113.

Ideally, you'll want to use b.23 123 double punch to lead into the tech, however as things don't always go as planned you can also use 113, f.2.d, and just the raw double punch, providing the low and overhead options along with an armored option as well. Of course, you also have the option to command grab should you feel the need to.

Here is a sample of a neutral cross-over combo...

(4)j.2 113 charge (DaOv) b.23(4) 123 double punch (DaOv) f.2.d BTB.
32% -> 29% -> 49% = 110%
As you can see, the opponent has to deal with reversed controls twice over while you get to throw out meaty attacks. If you feel particularly ballsy, you can use level 3 venom at the end to get an armored f.2.d which will stuff a lot of wake-up attacks.

This is whats favorable, but not per-se what is realistic as the opponent may read your strategy. That's why there are several means to this end.

b.23 123 double punch - Low starter, provides the most damage and the possibility for the DaOv. Can be techrolled, blocked low then high, and woken up against due to lack of starting armor. Due to reach of attack, can be used as an option select against rolling opponents to continue pressure.

f.2.d charge - Overhead starter, provides the second most damage and the possibility for the DaOv. Can be blocked high, and woken up against at any venom level under 3. Due to reach of attack, can be used against rolling opponents as an option select and if landed will reset the tech.

Command grab - Unblockable starter, can be jumped away from/out of, will end the tech string but cannot be blocked or woken up against except by grab-immune attacks. Does the second least damage but will provide you with the presence of going beyond some wake-ups and blocking for the sake of yomi. Works as an option select against rolling opponents.

Double Punch - Overhead starter, cannot be jumped away from/out of, will allow for a DaOv, can be blocked high but cannot be woken up through except by other armored attacks. Does the least damage but will allow you to continue the tech without worrying about opponents getting away, can be tech rolled away from and is not reliable as an option select out of itself or b.23 123 DP.

Of course, venom usage is important and will provide most of the damage and armor you'll be needing. The hardest part is starting the chain, but once you do, its not entirely difficult to keep it going. Mix it up a bit and make your opponent think, all the while hammering them with huge damage and resets.

~~More on this as it develops~~

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
As for the chain in the OP you can kill without using BTB off F2D. All you would have to do is go lvl 3 and F2D~BF1MB for 40%. Changing out your 49% for 40% still puts that attack chain at 101% total and armors the final tie in as well. Not too shabby for 1 bar.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Not only new tech but a complete write up on its application, this is why I use this site so much!

You can do this cross over glitch after a hitting raw charge anywhere outside of one character space next to the opponent, the only things that will hit before they get up(given that they dont wake up attack, which honestly they shouldnt because you dont move at all for this. I guess there is always those prone to always do a wake up attack)are a d3(you have to time it perfectly or it will completely whiff, but if done correctly it will hit the extended low hitbox on the standing animation causing another hard knockdown allowing you to continue the tech)or a double punch(there is a short frame interval that allows you to stall and keep safe or beat one hit wake ups).

This will actually bring much greater use to his d3 for the untechable knockdown allowing you to endlessly mix up armored double punches and lows while also keeping this tech active.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
double punch, and really any thing outside of 113~bf1 wont allow me to cross over. anything else and the opponent lands to far away, or is to low any how... was this changed in the most recent patch? Or is there a trick to this?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
double punch, and really any thing outside of 113~bf1 wont allow me to cross over. anything else and the opponent lands to far away, or is to low any how... was this changed in the most recent patch? Or is there a trick to this?
You have to buffer it hard, and it only works on the first following knockdown. We cant loop DP dash over anymore.