What's new

Using Spaced Repetition flash cards for memorizing data, movesets and options

azira

Noob
Recently I picked up Noob and wanted a way to memorize his moveset,default kombos and frame-data to get started.

I opened up training mode and an google shet and put this together -

Once I had all the data to work with (lots more room for 'found kombos' as I learn) I created an Anki Deck https://apps.ankiweb.net/ which supports android/iphone.

^ This is the prompt which I will rank my response to (starting with notation). Likely, I'll move notionation onto this front side of the card so that is the main way I am thinking about things once I have basics understood.

^ Back side fo the card.

===

Collecting the data and getting it into a spreadsheet took about an hour or so and the rest is easy.

Call for action

Anyone interested in building a data sheet out for other characters?
Any suggestions on making this more effective?
Any thoughts on additional points to add to the study deck?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I find just tagging some moves and playing the game helps me learn much faster. I may not know every frame amount, but I at least know the important ones. You also can't get a sense of spacing or timing from a spreadsheet. A lot of strings look like they'll be good staggers because they're only -1 or so, but with the amount of block stun, your opponent can easily see you've staggered the string. Meanwhile, other strings that are more minus make better staggers because they have a slow followup that the opponent has to respect. So block stun plays a huge part in how useful those frame amounts actually are.

Going by nothing but frame data is how so many people wrote off Cetrion as F tier.