What's new

Tech Using 224 to whiff punish pokes

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Been using this for a while and I just remembered to share it.

every time you suspect your opponent will poke you can do a very small backdash and 224 hit confirm to clone on block and slide on hit.

you cant do 22 freeze because you cant hit confirm it due to the second 2 barely making contact with them

NO D3 in the game can reach you, not smokes, not shangs, not nobodys.

this is very effective when upclose but not point blank, you really dont lose anything because, EVEN if they were walking back the 4 of 224 will hit them and you can get a clone out anyways, it catches everything a normal 22 does but is modified by your spacing to make pokes whiff and punish for 24% into untechable knockdown

this has helped me hella, it takes time to get used to the spacing where D3s whiff but youre not far enough for 4 to whiff if 22 does, its a very easy and very rewarding attempt which is a free blockstring in the worst case scenario

spacing this is EXTREMELY important because you dont wanna whiff this shit, get the distance down in training mode first.

This is best used after a 21, they see youve stopped 21 cold and they try to poke, only they have to see you stop while youre already positioning yourself back to 224 and blow up their poke
do note this relies on your opponent not knowing youre about to whiff a huge ass string if they just walk back, its meant to be used as a surprise factor when theyre got their mind on poking and not when they suspect its coming, most characters and fast advancing moves can easily punish it on a read

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Been using this for a while and I just remembered to share it.

every time you suspect your opponent will poke you can do a very small backdash and 224 hit confirm to clone on block and slide on hit.

you cant do 22 freeze because you cant hit confirm it due to the second 2 barely making contact with them

NO D3 in the game can reach you, not smokes, not shangs, not nobodys.

this is very effective when upclose but not point blank, you really dont lose anything because, EVEN if they were walking back the 4 of 224 will hit them and you can get a clone out anyways, it catches everything a normal 22 does but is modified by your spacing to make pokes whiff and punish for 24% into untechable knockdown

this has helped me hella, it takes time to get used to the spacing where D3s whiff but youre not far enough for 4 to whiff if 22 does, its a very easy and very rewarding attempt which is a free blockstring in the worst case scenario

spacing this is EXTREMELY important because you dont wanna whiff this shit, get the distance down in training mode first.

This is best used after a 21, they see youve stopped 21 cold and they try to poke, only they have to see you stop while youre already positioning yourself back to 224 and blow up their poke
do note this relies on your opponent not knowing youre about to whiff a huge ass string if they just walk back, its meant to be used as a surprise factor when theyre got their mind on poking and not when they suspect its coming, most characters and fast advancing moves can easily punish it on a read
good post sir

i'd like to add at for your warning at the end about whiffing

you CAN confirm them walking away and stop from pulling out the 4.

Death

Noob
Ive been doing this for a while. It works great but unreliable sometimes since the first 2 seems to whiff at times

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think I've used this for a while but haven't conciously thought about the strategy behind it. Footsies ftw, nice post Qwark.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
good post sir

i'd like to add at for your warning at the end about whiffing

you CAN confirm them walking away and stop from pulling out the 4.
if theyre back enough to make 4 whiff then they probably read that youre gonna 224

this is to be used once in a while, if they catch on to you doing it youre screwed depending on the char, cage for example gets 25% and pressure with an extremely simple punish

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Shit deleted my post by accident...long story short, use it it's cool good find. Agree it's hella punishable if you fuck it up