What's new

Using 21 in NDC pressure

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I don't really see a lot of people doing this, i know it doesnt give as much advantage as his other options, but the whole point of doing it is that during ur 2ndc, the other player will usually let go of block to get out of pressure, so after getting the first 2ndc or after a few reps of it, u could do 21 and if they're not blocking so they can get the opportunity to poke out, u can easily hitconfirm and get a full combo punish.

Axel_Redd

No. 2ndc is a mind game all on its own.

No need for 21ndc lol only +1 as well
but 21 is easier to hitconfirm tho than just plain old 2. besides u could always flash parry the 21 if u want.....lol

how exactly is it mindgame all by itsself?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
but 21 is easier to hitconfirm tho than just plain old 2. besides u could always flash parry the 21 if u want.....lol

how exactly is it mindgame all by itsself?
cancels into whatever the fuck you want with frame advantage too

Skitzo

Noob
No one is gonna hit confirm a 2 lol that isn't the point.

2ndc is +9, it gives me a free b1(21) or F3(2) check. I can get more dmg from going into a full launcher than just 21. Plus, doesn't the 1 hit high? It's not a viable option.

The mind game of 2ndc is: am I gonna go into said launchers ^ or am I gonna keep on with 2ndc'ing? I want you to get the idea that I will do 2ndc multiple times so I can get you to wanna poke since 2 hits high, & boom, instead I go into a launcher. That is the mindgame of 2ndc & I love it.

Axel_Redd

No one is gonna hit confirm a 2 lol that isn't the point.

2ndc is +9, it gives me a free b1(21) or F3(2) check. I can get more dmg from going into a full launcher than just 21. Plus, doesn't the 1 hit high? It's not a viable option.
it doesnt matter if it hits high, if they're not blocking and they take the the hit from the 2 and the following 1 and then u can hitconfirm it. i'm not saying that there arent other options, its just one more possibility in the plethora of options that u have to be careful of once your in kabals pressure. Giving your opponent more to think about is never a bad thing.

Skitzo

Noob
it doesnt matter if it hits high, if they're not blocking and they take the the hit from the 2 and the following 1 and then u can hitconfirm it. i'm not saying that there arent other options, its just one more possibility in the plethora of options that u have to be careful of once your in kabals pressure. Giving your opponent more to think about is never a bad thing.
This sounds like the mind game of 2ndc & you get more out of it

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
If you feel your opponent is going to poke, why wouldn't you go to a F3 of B1?

I don't see the benefit of using 2,1 after a 2ndc. It will lead to less damage and the faster start-up doesn't even matter since your +10 anyways.
If your off a frame, it wiffs since only a mad man would keep blocking high against Kabal.

I don't see any use for to be honest.

Axel_Redd

If you feel your opponent is going to poke, why wouldn't you go to a F3 of B1?

I don't see the benefit of using 2,1 after a 2ndc. It will lead to less damage and the faster start-up doesn't even matter since your +9 anyways.
If your off a frame, it wiffs since only a mad man would keep blocking high against Kabal.

I don't see any use for to be honest.
well it sounded good :/......Imma still use it anyways cuz he's kabal :D kabal does whatever the fuck he wants!!! o3o

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
The only time this could be useful is if people master kabal's block infinite, which really only goes up to 3-4 reps at max because of hitbox movement.
If people let themselves get hit by 2 then they are able to release block and duck under the next frame perfect 2ndc. If you do 21 then you can hitconfirm much more easily but other than that you should use the basic but deadly 2ndc mix up of
2ndc
b121 or f32
d1/d3 if they have armor
k-frog

The retarded thing about 2ndc is that even if you as the opponent guess right all you are getting is a poke/uppercut out or eating a another block string.

EDIT: After thinking for a while, 21 can also be useful if they try to interrupt 2ndc with armor

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
Stop me if i'm wrong but wasnt reo doing this during 2ndc pressure for a while?

Axel_Redd

The only time this could be useful is if people master kabal's block infinite, which really only goes up to 3-4 reps at max because of hitbox movement.
If people let themselves get hit by 2 then they are able to crouch without blocking and avoid the next frame perfect 2ndc. If you do 21 then you can hitconfirm much more easily but other than that you should use the basic but deadly 2ndc mix up of
2ndc
b121 or f32
d1/d3 if they have armor
k-frog

The retarded thing about 2ndc is that even if you as the opponent guess right all you are getting is a poke/uppercut out or eating a another block tring.

EDIT: After thinking for a while, 21 can also be useful if they try to interrupt 2ndc with armor
^THIS!! couldn't have said it better myself! thanx ^^.

btw, whats k-frog? plz tell

also, whats best time to use b2 in kabal pressure?

Axel_Redd

You can't interrupt 2ndc with armor if its on frame
true, but theres no telling if it' will be 100% on point or not, so it still makes it a viable option.

is K-frog a tactic or is that the name of a player? o3o

Lulzlou

Noob
true, but theres no telling if it' will be 100% on point or not, so it still makes it a viable option.

stop playing shitty kabals, you can't armor out of it at the highest level of execution

name of a player

Axel_Redd

stop playing shitty kabals, you can't armor out of it at the highest level of execution

name of a player
its not possible to do it perfect everytime. so until that happens, then yea, 21 is still a useful tactic.

Vocket

To K-frog is to leap out from the boundaries of the mind and jump in to the world that is above us.

Vocket

lolwut? xD
K-frog allegedly cheated his way to victroy by abusing online jump tactics against respectable players in an offline tournament. While mostly everyone was butthurt he claimed the tactic in his name and continued to use its powerful effects to domination.

Axel_Redd

K-frog allegedly cheated his way to victroy by abusing online jump tactics against respectable players in an offline tournament. While mostly everyone was butthurt he claimed the tactic in his name and continued to use its powerful effects to domination.
lololol

Axel_Redd

lololol