What's new

General/Other Useless Tech?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I was playing around with Raven in the lab and was trying to find out a way to use her useless strings. 113 for example. If you wiff the 11 and land the 3 just right after a wallbounce (in or out of combo), the opponent will be automatically stood up. May be character specific and useless, but eh. Might also be used for possible 50/50s. Also didn't look through every Raven thread, so if this is known I apologize.
Edit: Oh and I was recording with my phone and my feet, so sorry for the quality. The tech occurs on the final b3.

Hmmm. Guna have to mess around with it. I wonder how strict the timing is, how much damage you sacrifice by not finishing out the combo, and what your opponents options are.

Interesting find either way.

Sami

Noob
xXstealthflameXx this is indeed new tech - good find. The big factor will be whether she is at + or - frames afterwards. 113 usually has a big advantage due to the knockback, but as they stand up so quick this might actually leave her negative.

Any chance you can test with the AI set to jump to see who jumps first after the 3 hits?

haketh

Noob
Set the dummy to Jump while their bouncing off the wall and as they recover to test ADV maybe?

Sami

Noob
Also, have you enabled wake-up mode on the AI? Watching the video again, it looks suspiciously like the opponent is actually properly knocked down but immediately stands up, which would allow them to wake-up out of setups.

It looks like the opponent is knocked in a direction based on their position and where the move hits. If the move hits while they're "under" the hands, they'll be knocked straight to the floor. I guess it only works when 11 wiffs because 11 would knock them up and away, causing them to be propelled directly away from Raven when 3 hits.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
The timing is basically as strict as MMH's B3, but 99% of the time when you fail, the 3 will hit. It's a gamble (hence the title) unless you can master the timing. I don't think it'll be useful, but I figured I'd share it anyway. I'll try jumping and wake ups now.
Edit: j2, f222, db2 MB, b3, (11)3 is 38%
Edit once again: Jump test shows you're at a slight disadvantage :( Wakeups can be blocked though unless it's Superman's super. I don't think this even works with Lex, otherwise the test would be Corp Charge. His hitbox is too big. You have to hit them right before they hit the ground, under your hands. Cool stuff, but useless.

Sami

Noob
Out of curiosity... if 113 punts the opponent based on where it hits, what happens if you catch them with a pillar in the air (think Hawkgirl flying on you) with the 3 after 11 wiffs? Are they sent vertically upwards?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Out of curiosity... if 113 punts the opponent based on where it hits, what happens if you catch them with a pillar in the air (think Hawkgirl flying on you) with the 3 after 11 wiffs? Are they sent vertically upwards?
There's not enough time to wiff the 11, and if you MB the pillar they're hit too far away. Even in the corner, you wiff the 11 and 3 when MB.

ZalliX

Noob
They can definitely wake-up, but they may not expect to get up that fast.. but if they do they kinda wreck you, idk... Timing seems to be harder than what its worth.