What's new

Question - Heavy Weapons Usage of the Rocket Cancel?

Normally Run cancel combos lead to some extra damge ( d'vorah, Raiden) but thats not the case with jax heavy weapons :

f21 Oh dash punch f21 11 gotcha grab does 36%
f21 rocket cancel 12 Oh dash punch f21 11 gotcha grab does 35%

123 Oh dash punch f21 11 gotcha grab = 36%
123 rocket cancel 12 Oh dashpunch f21 11 focha grab = 35%

It also doesn't look like u have any big frame advantage on block maybe cuz Jax has a slow run startup or maybe its just me but ive been poked out of rocket cancels by people who like to press bottons.

Can some1 pls enlighting me?

Note im playing on PC.

You can use rocket cancel to give him decent pressure and 5050s midscreen.

For instance,

Overhead:
B2 xx rocket cancel xx 11 xx EX Overhead punch, run, f21, 11, f212

Low:
B3 xx rocket cancel xx 11 xx EX Overhead punch, run, f21, 11, f212

You can use rocket cancel to give him decent pressure and 5050s midscreen.

For instance,

Overhead:
B2 xx rocket cancel xx 11 xx EX Overhead punch, run, f21, 11, f212

Low:
B3 xx rocket cancel xx 11 xx EX Overhead punch, run, f21, 11, f212
the thing is rocket cancel is -6 on block there aint no real pressure since u can poke me out every time.

And b2 isn't special cancelable on block so there no real mixup there

Pumped up is the answer. The rocket cancel is overhyped because Tyrant kicks ass with it. Tyrant would kick more ass if he would just go pumped up.

Not able to combo of ground pound, Lose Command grab , Lose gotcha grab pressure? NO
Any competent player wont get hit by a ground pound. Gotcha grab pressure isnt needed... he can just pressure with something else. Command grab is good but it lacks damage, youre better off trying to open them up for a combo. Nothing compares to pumped up ... 43 meterless in the corner with restands. Meter reserved for unblockable ground quakes and breaks/armor.

Any competent player wont get hit by a ground pound. Gotcha grab pressure isnt needed... he can just pressure with something else. Command grab is good but it lacks damage, youre better off trying to open them up for a combo. Nothing compares to pumped up ... 43 meterless in the corner and meter reserved for unblockable ground quakes and breaks/armor.
I disagree : the ground pound setup on knockdown is only avoidable via forward or back jumping or Delayed wakeup ,if done right u will get hit as u are standing up. gotcha grab beeing safe isn't heavily needed but why should i lose an other pressure tool? MB command grab does 18-19% i dont see the "lack " of damage there. Also 12d3 is a strong mixup forcing them to guess 123(low) 12 Oh Dashpunch (Oh) or 12d3 command grab. Wrestler also has 42% meterless corner combo on top of 53% one bar.

Pumped up is good though but IMO is not on par with Wrestler.

I disagree : the ground pound setup on knockdown is only avoidable via forward or back jumping or Delayed wakeup ,if done right u will get hit as u are standing up. gotcha grab beeing safe isn't heavily needed but why should i lose an other pressure tool? MB command grab does 18-19% i dont see the "lack " of damage there. Also 12d3 is a strong mixup forcing them to guess 123(low) 12 Oh Dashpunch (Oh) or 12d3 command grab. Wrestler also has 42% meterless corner combo on top of 53% one bar.

Pumped up is good though but IMO is not on par with Wrestler.
Agree to disagree. I play them both but lean towards pumped up.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@Predannok

No offense here, just in fun but...

The irony in you making this thread about getting poked by people between Jax's pressure is crazy. You're the one who created the "Is Jax too safe" thread where everyone was telling you he has tons holes in his strings and in his pressure in all variations but you kept calling him OP.

Last edited:
@Predannok

No offense here, just in fun but...

The irony in you making this thread about getting poked by people between Jax's pressure is crazy. You're the one who created the "Is Jax too safe" thread where everyone was telling you he has tons holes in his strings and in his pressure in all variations but you kept calling him OP.
I was mainy referring to Wrestler with the +8 energy wave instead of the law rocket + hes Command grab. But you know what they say: If u can't beat 'em join 'em"

GNice4U

Noob
Normally Run cancel combos lead to some extra damge ( d'vorah, Raiden) but thats not the case with jax heavy weapons :

f21 rocket cancel 12 Oh dash punch f21 11 gotcha grab does 35%

123 Oh dash punch f21 11 gotcha grab = 36%
123 rocket cancel 12 Oh dashpunch f21 11 focha grab = 35%

It also doesn't look like u have any big frame advantage on block maybe cuz Jax has a slow run startup or maybe its just me but ive been poked out of rocket cancels by people who like to press bottons.

Can some1 pls enlighting me?

Note im playing on PC.
Sorry for the beginner question, but you said:

You don't need to ex the dash punch?