What's new

Upward Air Fan Toss?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I was in training mode just now and was trying to do some instant air fans as fast as possible. Anyone noticed she'll randomly do an upward one, as well? I'm sure this is old news, but if you haven't seen it, here's a video. The 3 fan I throw clearly goes upward. I assume it's some sort of preventive measure to keep from doing an air fan infinite if you do it too fast?

lobo

woof.
I was in training mode just now and was trying to do some instant air fans as fast as possible. Anyone noticed she'll randomly do an upward one, as well? I'm sure this is old news, but if you haven't seen it, here's a video. The 3 fan I throw clearly goes upward. I assume it's some sort of preventive measure to keep from doing an air fan infinite if you do it too fast?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btw3ctQ5qKI[/ame]
you nailed it. that is an change to prevent an infinite.

I noticed this happen with a ground fan once. The funny thing is it was only one of the fans. I think in a similar fashion I got too many of them on the screen and the game just said NO to that lol.

Ive been looking into some of Kitanas combos and the Instant air fan is really tough to do on pad consistently for me, any tips? Or just practice?
Im sure its a lot easier with a stick

Edit: I got it. On pad, at least for me.. I just need to flick the analog and get the fan off right after using the Dpad. Not too tough

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's not really practical in any way, in fact, it's more of a handicap.
It's to prevent infinite instant air fan combos. It's already been answered, dude. So yeah, it's not meant to be practical at all and is meant to NOT hit the opponent.