What's new

Unreadable Disc Error

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So....I'm beginning to get this error now. It tells me to clean the disc. My disc came out of the case and then went into my XBOX on release day and has not come out since. It is FLAWLESS and not scratched or dirty.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've never gone through as many issues with any other game than I've had with Injustice. It's fucking maddening.

chores

bad at things
So....I'm beginning to get this error now. It tells me to clean the disc. My disc came out of the case and then went into my XBOX on release day and has not come out since. It is FLAWLESS and not scratched or dirty.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've never gone through as many issues with any other game than I've had with Injustice. It's fucking maddening.
yep happens to me every time. clearing system cache didnt fix. this is what i do when i want to play injustice:

start game
goto single player
select training > practice
get disc error (takes you back to xbox home)
start game
goto single player

then the game works fine until i turn off the xbox, even if i exit out and watch netflix etc.
i spent about an hour trying to fix it with no luck. now i just live with it, it only takes about a minute.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King

do other games work? otherwise it sounds like your disc reader is broken man. time to get a new xbox.....

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!

In regards to your last sentence. I know what you mean. I have never seen so many complaints go unaddressed. They are willing to nerf and buff every 2 weeks... but they wont fix disc errors. I know you are not the first to have this problem. I have seen it everywhere. Hopefully Charmangler's method works for you until they actually get around the fixing the important stuff. I am just fortunate I didn't get any of these ridiculous problems with my disc. :p

John Grizzly

do other games work? otherwise it sounds like your disc reader is broken man. time to get a new xbox.....
Yeah man. If it was other games, I wouldn't have made this thread.

I've tried Tekken Tag 2, Marvel, SF4, Far Cry 3.....all of them work flawlessly. It's ONLY Injustice. I feel my love for NRS quickly going down the toilet because of this nonsense that they're not addressing.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Yeah man. If it was other games, I wouldn't have made this thread.

I've tried Tekken Tag 2, Marvel, SF4, Far Cry 3.....all of them work flawlessly. It's ONLY Injustice. I feel my love for NRS quickly going down the toilet because of this nonsense that they're not addressing.
I have no idea......if your disc is "flawless". I am "clueless". I understand after overplaying a game it begins to heat up and leave some very strange rainbow looking rings on the bottom of your disc. That might make it unplayable but still look flawless. Other then that I have no idea...

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Weird, I just had this happen to me for the first time yesterday. I also have the Xbox version.

I've had freezes before that required a restart, but only when going into a menu, so it never really disrupted me over-much.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Weird, I just had this happen to me for the first time yesterday. I also have the Xbox version.

I've had freezes before that required a restart, but only when going into a menu, so it never really disrupted me over-much.
I'm guessing both of you have internet? Maybe it was a ghost patch making the game unreadable? I would try deleting the games save data. But make sure you back it up first. Then disconnect from XBL and try playing it pre patch?

John Grizzly

I have no idea......if your disc is "flawless". I am "clueless". I understand after overplaying a game it begins to heat up and leave some very strange rainbow looking rings on the bottom of your disc. That might make it unplayable but still look flawless. Other then that I have no idea...
Dude, I play a few times a week for an hour at a time.

I have played Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2 for a total of what HAS to be THOUSANDS of hours. I can still pop those in and they work fine. BTW, my friend has the SAME exact error on his game and he got his two weeks ago.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Dude, I play a few times a week for an hour at a time.

I have played Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2 for a total of what HAS to be THOUSANDS of hours. I can still pop those in and they work fine. BTW, my friend has the SAME exact error on his game and he got his two weeks ago.
Yeah. I used to be a huge CoD nerd. I would play the game for maybe like 4-5 hours a day every day. Nothing happened to my disc. This is an Injustice only problem. Hell back in the day I used to play SSB Melee for like 5-6 hours a day every day on Gamecube. Nothing ever happened to that disc. I even left it on for 20 hours straight maybe 4 or 5 times to unlock Mewtwo. The Gamecube discs are super tiny and that was almost 10 years ago. There is no excuse for Injustice to be having the same problem.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Yeah. I used to be a huge CoD nerd. I would play the game for maybe like 4-5 hours a day every day. Nothing happened to my disc. This is an Injustice only problem. Hell back in the day I used to play SSB Melee for like 5-6 hours a day every day on Gamecube. Nothing ever happened to that disc. I even left it on for 20 hours straight maybe 4 or 5 times to unlock Mewtwo. The Gamecube discs are super tiny and that was almost 10 years ago. There is no excuse for Injustice to be having the same problem.
I REMEMBER THE MEWTWO SHIT!!! OMFG ThAT WAS SO ANNOYING. I was paranoid too that my shit would start on fire cause it was so hot. Wasn't there a similar unlock in Mario Kart Double Dash?

mrsz

O.G. SZ
yep happens to me every time. clearing system cache didnt fix. this is what i do when i want to play injustice:

start game
goto single player
get disc error (takes you back to xbox home)
start game
goto single player

then the game works fine until i turn off the xbox, even if i exit out and watch netflix etc.
i spent about an hour trying to fix it with no luck. now i just live with it, it only takes about a minute.
I can confirm this is a bug on Xbox. Training mode will either give me a black screen of death or a read disc error. This problem started about two weeks ago for me.

VizNasty

Noob
I'd never heard of this until now. Nobody I know plays on xbox though. This is something to watch out for. Anyone know if this happens on the PS3 version?

Also suffering with this on occasion. There's a big thread somewhere full of people complaining about the same set of faults. When I last contacted WBG support, they suggested I delete the system cache, which didn't help in my case.

It's a shame the game's blighted with stuff like this.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I had the same thing happenin to me. I always had a dirty disc error after character select screen. At first i installed the game on my hdd, that didnt work so i cleaned cash. That didnt work so i borrowed my friends disc, still nothing.
Then i redownloaded compability 3 pack and that finnally fixed it.

Hope this will help you out.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ive had lots of problems too my disked got chipped from the x box ive had start up problemss i had to re download lobo
hero card cant be viewed , other peoples hero cards cannot be viewed , sometimes , The Slaj Jazz cant even use the chat function online ,, cmon now NRS

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
ive had lots of problems too my disked got chipped from the x box ive had start up problemss i had to re download lobo
hero card cant be viewed , other peoples hero cards cannot be viewed , sometimes , The Slaj Jazz cant even use the chat function online ,, cmon now NRS
Can you still not view herocards? cause last 2 days it works again.

Anyway if u installed the game on your hdd, cleared cash, redownloaded last patch, and it still doesnt work then im out of idea's. For me after doing this i never had the dirty disc error again. The only thing i sometimes get are random desyncs or very rarely screen that freezes so i have to reboot, but 98% of the time its fine now.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Can you still not view herocards? cause last 2 days it works again.

Anyway if u installed the game on your hdd, cleared cash, redownloaded last patch, and it still doesnt work then im out of idea's. For me after doing this i never had the dirty disc error again. The only thing i sometimes get are random desyncs or very rarely screen that freezes so i have to reboot, but 98% of the time its fine now.
im also havin lobby issues viewing rooms! they just disappear for hours but then all of a sudden are there and are full of people , ill try downloading patch 3 again

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Already had unreadable disc glitch, the lobby issues (chat, rooms gone), dissapearing DLC and Xbox/PS3 freezing (hard reset!) bugs. I've just had it with this game, even the goddamn character select is buggy.
NRS should fix these things, some of the online bugs were already present in MK9 (xbox Mk9 is ok, but my ps3 froze a trillion times - disc and DL version, A+ isp connection, well maintained PS3). We are paying costumers, not dumb mindless cashcows. If costumers support knows it's the cache files, they need to fix it instead of us deleting/reinstalling the files over and over.

kevkopdx

Noob
ive had this disc error happening as well on xbox... also after logging in yesterday, all of my progress and level are gone... the odd thing is, my global ranks are still there, my character stats are there except for batgirl, who is my main....AND now it wont register losses only for batgirl... so im 38-0 now with her