What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Universal Moves

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Are you guys sure that Sub only has two universal moves (freeze and Slide) or it was assumed because those two were the only one spotted?

Come on, this character had millions of powers over every MK released and NRS will only give him 2 moves? this can't be true.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He for sure has clone, he simply doesn't have full control like clone mode. That's my guess, that and maybe puddle.

Are you guys sure that Sub only has two universal moves (freeze and Slide) or it was assumed because those two were the only one spotted?

Come on, this character had millions of powers over every MK released and NRS will only give him 2 moves? this can't be true.
In MK9, he had freeze, slide, and ice clone (and ice puddle, if we're even counting that). That's 4 special moves.

Assuming each variation has at least 2 special moves unique to that variation- and this seems to be the case- he won't have any less moves than his previous iteration.

2 variation unique + 2 universal = same amount of moves he had previously. Not any different than the last MK release

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In MK9, he had freeze, slide, and ice clone (and ice puddle, if we're even counting that). That's 4 special moves.

Assuming each variation has at least 2 special moves unique to that variation- and this seems to be the case- he won't have any less moves than his previous iteration.

2 variation unique + 2 universal = same amount of moves he had previously. Not any different than the last MK release
This sucks IMO.

Scorpion clearly has more than sub now, and he can change proprieties of spear and teleport, that is like two more, WTF.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This sucks IMO.

Scorpion clearly has more than sub now, and he can change proprieties of spear and teleport, that is like two more, WTF.
I'm pretty sure even on the select screen the properties are changed per stance.

his flame spear is part of the stance that gives him flame properties.....

SZ has ALWAYS had a limited special move set.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm pretty sure even on the select screen the properties are changed per stance.

his flame spear is part of the stance that gives him flame properties.....

SZ has ALWAYS had a limited special move set.
Lets hope you're right because i saw Kotal use all his moves that most of us though it was variation specific in his other variation as well

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
sun light, palm uppercut and aztec shield too.
yeah

your'e right.

but he also gains the LEAST when changing variation.

Usually only gaining the "sun god toss and sun scorch life absorb"

and then the giant fucking sword

and then the 3 totems.

So he may have MORE base moves... but he has less to gain from each variation. His playstyle will not vary as much.

who knows.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Kotal's palm uppercut is a special move? I just imagine that it's a normal. I'm also pretty sure that Sub-Zero doesn't have his ice clones at all unless you use Grandmaster. He just has ice ball and slide. But keep in mind that you can freeze more than once in a combo now, run combos, Crymomancer weapons will also add combo potential. Sure, just slide and ice ball isn't enough on it's own, but you get the variation specific moves also on top of them.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Generic moves (present at least in two variants, but not necessarily in all three):

Ice Burst: db1
Ice Ball: df2
Slide: bf4

Grandmaster specific:

Ice Klone: db2
Klone Toss: df1