What's new

[Unconfirmed] Friendships possibly found within game code after Terminator update

Gamer68

Fujin!
EDIT: Clearing up a few things, it's unknown if they are actually in the game as of right now or only as placeholders. The OP also claims this is actually for all characters.

Keep in-mind that this is still unconfirmed, but it's possible that Friendship were added into the game's files after the Terminator update. This was posted on the MK leak subreddit (I have a link to the source in the spoiler box below) and a user there took some images of pre-patch and post-patch code. You can view the imgur album below.

Basically:
  • Before the Terminator patch, there were no references to Friendships within the game's code.
  • After the Terminator patch, there are now references to Friendships for all characters.
  • Friendships ARE NOT a codename to hide Mercies being in the game, as characters have both Mercies and Friendships listed.
  • Could be a codename to hide a new type of Finisher that isn't actually Friendships, or a troll from the devs, but all other leaks have been legit so far so keep that in-mind.

Last edited:

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
If friendships are in i hope they're cute, funny and quick all at once. I only do fatalities to people if they annoy me during the match, but i always aim to do brutalities cuz they don't delay the next game too much. Friendships should be like that, but friendly.

It'll be a more obvious "I enjoyed this match!" than double short hop lol. Sometimes you just really gotta do it to em.