What's new

Unavoidable throws

I, as I believe unlike most people who play XBL, use the analog stick as opposed to the D-pad. I have a question, why does it seem that more than half the time when I am trying to block a throw while crouching that I am still able to be thrown? I have the stick pointed perfectly (or so I think) in the down and back position and it seems inevitable that someone is able to throw me. It obviously fucks my entire development of my personal playing style becuase I can never block what I feel I should be able to. Does anyone else notice this happening to them? Is it specifically an analog stick problem? Is there anything I can do?

I suppose I'll just wait for answers and watch everyone who just read this run jab me lol goddammit

Seriously though, any comments, even if you can just relate to me would be appreciated.

A friend of mine who also uses the analog exclusively gets thrown quite often, and mind you he is very skilled as well. I think it has something to do with it, but won't say for certain. I personally use the dpad and don't get thrown very often, but there are times where I think I'm holding back but get thrown anyways.

I think it is a problem with the analog, its hard to find the happy medium on it. I've heard of a few people with trouble blocking throws with the analog.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just hold back and then duck for sweeps. Also there are some cross up scenarios that are hard to prevent throws for online because of even the slghtest amount of lag. Oftentimes on sticks it's hard to find the perfect D+B

I always use the analog stick because I absolutely hate the xbox d-pad, especially for fighting games. I sometimes get thrown while I believe I'm holding the stick in the proper position also.

I always complain about this. With the analogs it's very difficult to get the perfect diagonal direction. Ducking and anti-throwing is hard to do with it for me also.

Shock said:
Just hold back and then duck for sweeps. Also there are some cross up scenarios that are hard to prevent throws for online because of even the slghtest amount of lag. Oftentimes on sticks it's hard to find the perfect D+B
Unfortunately I may have to do that. Its dissapointing though when I want to block both.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this because I was going nuts trying to figure it out if it was just me or what. I would use the Dpad but then I don't have a chance doing the Kung Lao inf which I love so much.

btw annihilator why'd you come in my room, whoop my ass with robot smoke and then leave me feeling like a bitch the other day? :oops: :oops: I need an icon with a tear or something

mistaKM said:
btw annihilator why'd you come in my room, whoop my ass with robot smoke and then leave me feeling like a bitch the other day? :oops: :oops: I need an icon with a tear or something
LOL, I would've stayed longer, but I had to get offline anyhow and attend other matters.

What I've realized, shock, about holding back and then just ducking for sweeps is that isn't my main problem. Come to realize I already do that, my area of concern when trying to block throws is when I'm being rushed and trying to throw a ducking LK, that is when they seem to throw me and I want to throw my controller. Any specific advice to that would also be appreciated.

Derek

Noob
KM you said you were using the analogue stick last time I played with you and tried that out today and I find there to be some inaccuracy with it. The analogue has precise motions when play FPS or driving games or whatever but it's horrible for 2D fighters because they only detect 8 directions where the analogue does 360 degrees. So what might look as down back on the stick could actually just be down or back.

l SuGaR l said:
KM you said you were using the analogue stick last time I played with you and tried that out today and I find there to be some inaccuracy with it. The analogue has precise motions when play FPS or driving games or whatever but it's horrible for 2D fighters because they only detect 8 directions where the analogue does 360 degrees. So what might look as down back on the stick could actually just be down or back.
did i not state something similar to this awhile ago? i basicly said that it was the a controller glitch, from when they had the big controllers on the Xbox to the small ones? or was that another forum i put that on? either way,

yes the analog stick sucks for any 2d game, and most fighting games like MK. (some exceptions do apply but not for fighting 2d games)