What's new

UMvC or SFxT

I'm wondering, which game do you recommend more? Also what are the differences in gameplay mechanics? Is one of them faster (not more chaotic)? Do the Tekken characters in SFxT work well against the characters with fast projectiles? Which game is easier to get into and less complicated?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
UMvC3 is the easiest fighting game to learn out there, that said its also the hardest one to be consistent at. Its very fast paced, very chaotic, and there's a ton of stuff that in any other game would be considered complete bullshit. The game is just very unforgiving, one mistake will more often than not cost you a character (maybe even two). Its a fun game but be prepared, even top level players can get randomed out.

If you're not used to Street Fighter, Street Fighter x Tekken is going to look extremely intimidating to pick up but if you are its not that bad. It's very slow paced compared to something like Marvel, and atleast right now rounds seem to end in time out more often than not. The Tekken characters can kinda compete but the top tier is mostly composed of Street Fighter characters. In its current state its very glitchy, there are also a lot of easy infinites and its not particularly balanced but there is a patch coming soon that might fix most of that.

It really depends on what you want; if you want a very old school style unforgiving fighter than UMvC3 is the way to go, if you dont go with SFxT.

SFxT is the WORST fighting game on the shelves right now. I wouldn't recommend that crap game to my worst enemy. I'm selling my copy to a friend for 30$ bones. UMvC3 is a chaotic game and a better pick. Also, it still has a fun factor. Skull Girls is a better pick than both IMO you should check it out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
sfxt is not intimidating at all,the netcode is great,most tekken chars are mediocre,the mishimas are top.

ive never played a sf game before and it only took me 2 days to adjust to the button terms and mechanics.

vs good players each mistake will cost 30%+ hp.

execution is required though it can be easily taught.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Playing mk helped me when moving over to sfxt since you juggle off successful air-to-airs most of the time. That being said, I think mk is a step up from sfxt. Sfxt says "hey look at me jump around like a fairy, unless you're ryu you're nothing to worry about". Tekken characters lack good AA's most of the time and even if they have AA's they're so inconsistent its retarded. I heard they patched the sound glitch out of the online, but at the cost of the stable netcode. Now the game will lag online? Someone confirm?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Playing mk helped me when moving over to sfxt since you juggle off successful air-to-airs most of the time. That being said, I think mk is a step up from sfxt. Sfxt says "hey look at me jump around like a fairy, unless you're ryu you're nothing to worry about". Tekken characters lack good AA's most of the time and even if they have AA's they're so inconsistent its retarded. I heard they patched the sound glitch out of the online, but at the cost of the stable netcode. Now the game will lag online? Someone confirm?
Lag ain't noticeable except at 1 bar.

most tekken chars do have good AA's.

heihachi gets 350 off an AA,yoshi has a crapload of aa tools,kaz has a great cr hp,raven is a god of air to air along with jin,etc.

@Quark28 SFxT is garbage. That game is nothing like SSF4 ae. It is so watered down it's ridiculous.
and SSF4 is a waterdown version of ST.

but in all seriousness

SFxT plays more like CVS2 with some VS elements.

Its not a bad game, but it does have core issues that must be address if the game is to stay. Timeover and risk/reward skews.

The best game to get atm is KOF13 if you have a local scene. But out of those two choices I would get marvel unless you want some SF knowledge.

and SSF4 is a waterdown version of ST.

but in all seriousness

SFxT plays more like CVS2 with some VS elements.

Its not a bad game, but it does have core issues that must be address if the game is to stay. Timeover and risk/reward skews.

The best game to get atm is KOF13 if you have a local scene. But out of those two choices I would get marvel unless you want some SF knowledge.
lol CvS2 was a great fighting game. I still own it, and SFxT doesn't come close to being like it. SFxT is absolute crap. Skull Girls is probably the best choice. I only have the Skull Girls demo and I play it more than SFxT