What's new

UMKT Combos

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I made a quick vid of some of the stuff you can do with a couple characters.

This game is extremely broken, but still fun in it's own right. The Genesis version of U/MK3/T is the most accurate in terms of gameplay for 16-bit systems.

Go download it if you don't have it already and check it out for yourself!

http://umk3.hacking-cult.org

I'm working on making a much more readable version of the movelist.

You can play this online too! Here's a zip with everything you need.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
this game is cool but what i cant stand about it is the broken jump kicks, like if you dont do it right it will crouch lk in the air or rh in the air,which makes no sens. but other than that i find it quite amusing lol nice vid konqrr

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The new variety of jump attacks gives the game a new level of depth. You can do a short hop into ground combo using Jump+LP with most characters. Jump Block = Jumping Roundhouse LOL

MKII Jade is the best character in the game hands down...she can't be hit by projectiles at all, so there is no threat to her from a distance except teleporting characters. Instant Air Staff spam = ownage. Sub+Reptile are garbage against her haha

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I would love MKT if not for the fact that Rain and Noob Saibot can be abused like all hell. Too many two hit repeatable combos.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dciguy01 said:
I would love MKT if not for the fact that Rain and Noob Saibot can be abused like all hell. Too many two hit repeatable combos.
same with the classic characters and the bosses.

game pisses me off to no end

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
I posted this video in russian thread for this game, they responded with "Why they call our UMKT "broken" if original UMK3 has a ton of infinites as well, including Sub-Zero's constant freeze combo?"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Black Shroud said:
I posted this video in russian thread for this game, they responded with "Why they call our UMKT "broken" if original UMK3 has a ton of infinites as well, including Sub-Zero's constant freeze combo?"
UMKT is what you get when the people creating it don't truly know how to play it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I don't have the time to go into great detail...and the fact that there are 500,000 characters to test...but just playing the latest revision with MK3 Sub and Scorpion I noticed a lot of things that are too good (props to Kabal for fixing MK2 Jade's insane brokenness with the multi air staffs and fixing the infinite ice shower freeze to run out the time with MK3 Sub).

For instance:

MK3 Sub - He can freeze you, walk you to the corner a bit while waiting 4 seconds then Ice Shower, repeat this process until you have them at that perfect corner distance for a combo (Ice Shower is locked out after 5 hits now which fixes his previous timeout infinite), then do the popup, jk, hk for 50% and you just took off nearly 30 seconds off the clock. Just the fact that Sub can do this clock manipulation makes him WAY too good. What if he gets a life lead, he freezes you with 30 seconds left and it's game-fucking-over lol

EDIT - Here's the video:
You can also do a jab cancelled ice clone right next to them frozen for the 5th time then jump over them and walk them into the clone to freeze them for a 6th time taking another 5 seconds! Once you do a combo, the timer has lost OVER 30 seconds and you just lost 52-54%! Holy broken!

MK3 Scorpion - After you do a telepunch, you don't have to wait the traditional 2+ seconds before you can do it again. You can simply telepunch away whenever you want to, all day long, with no fear of any rushdown. He is the ultimate turtle character! You simply cannot rush him at all, this is bullshit. I love how he has all of his MKT combo goodness though, that alone makes him god tier...but the teleporting with reckless abandon is complete nonsense.

That's just two characters picked at random that I found major issues with...and you saw the insane abilities of MK2 Reptile and Jade in the video.

MK2 Jade is slightly less broken now that she can only have one air staff on screen at once but she still has many 50% combos if one hits. Her run bar should empty if the air staff hits so she can't simply run in for a free combo. She also really needs to have her projectile invincibility as a move like MK3 Jade and not always have this ability. Just the fact that she cannot be hit by projectiles makes her better than 90% of the roster by default.

MK2 Reptile should not be able to fill the screen with forceballs! One speed on-screen at a time like UMK3 Reptile.

There, that's four characters out of 500,000! I might work on some other characters whilst in Vegas and San Diego this week.

Oh, I know that ALL of the cyber ninjas have missile spam that needs to be fixed...Cyrax and Smoke especially, they should NOT even have access to missiles! Once Sektor lands a certain dial-combo (even if it's blocked), he throws like 6 heat seekers at you! WTF!!! lol