What's new

UMK3 Online (mame) "Dr. No" Vs. MK3Fan

hey MK3FAN can you help me with 2 stupid little mame umk3 issues? having a hard time setting up sixaxis(ps3) buttons.if you can help me out i would like to get some games in with someone, help me get re-adjusted to umk3, im mainley a mk2 player.

so if your down to help, i would also love to get a shit load of games in, so if you wanna beat up on someone for a bit until i get my flow back, im the right person.

i either need someone elses mame, my umk3 just wont work. PM me for details if you have time to help, if not its cool.

wazz

Noob
hey MK3FAN can you help me with 2 stupid little mame umk3 issues? having a hard time setting up sixaxis(ps3) buttons.if you can help me out i would like to get some games in with someone, help me get re-adjusted to umk3, im mainley a mk2 player.

so if your down to help, i would also love to get a shit load of games in, so if you wanna beat up on someone for a bit until i get my flow back, im the right person.

i either need someone elses mame, my umk3 just wont work. PM me for details if you have time to help, if not its cool.
Hey dooks u need download a software driver on your pc if u wana use ur ps3 joypad on pc. theres loads of vids on on youtube bout it.

and to make life easy jus use ps2 joypad wit adpater on pc. dont need install nothing. jus plug and play.

and wot problems u havin wit umk3. i will b happy to help and send u mame and roms. (i dont b online much on pc these day cuz my pc blew up am at my cuzins house rite now)

thanks wazz, well for 1 thing i use ps3 sixaxis on pc, that has already been set up, drivers and everything is fine. the umk3 problems are these, really 2 problems.

1. buttons for mk2 are set fine, but cant get the right button config for umk3.

2. the only umk3 rom that works is in my p2p mame, even when i put rom in other mames and after audit games, it doesnt show up.

wazz, are you using sixaxis on pc?

wazz

Noob
na i use ps2 controller wit adapter on pc. ur sayin u set buttons fine in mk2. but i cant under stand y u cant set ur buttons umk3 properly

wazz

Noob
try this dooks. open normal mame then go 2 diectories then select roms then insert where ur roms then click ok. ( normally when u dnload they b in the MY DOCUMENTS folder)

ok, im gonna try it when i get home. thanks for your help. its driving me nuts. another question, when you are using your ps2 controller can you read me off the correct button config? im assuming p1 button 1 would be square, right?

worse comes to worse can i get a copy of your mame? would the buttons be all set?

ZAQ

Noob
Dr. No is a god damned fruitcake, I wonder who it actually is.

He insists on losing horribly and talking trash the entire time. It has to be someone just fucking off to mess with people. I just can't believe it has gone on for so long with him.

Tim Static

Adminerator
ok, im gonna try it when i get home. thanks for your help. its driving me nuts. another question, when you are using your ps2 controller can you read me off the correct button config? im assuming p1 button 1 would be square, right?

worse comes to worse can i get a copy of your mame? would the buttons be all set?
its the same as MK2, just make #6 the L1 for Run.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
Dr.No is certainly one of the worst player i've ever played on kaillera, The guys don't care about this game, he only do this as a way to have fun. I love picking Sonya 10 times in a row and beating him only with leg grabs and ducking kicks. Very funny.

HAYRON

Noob
its Vonzilla aka meglomaniac aka shrekontop aka MK scrub
If it is vonzilla that is hilarious. I played that dbag awhile back on LIVE for the first time and he kept going on and on about how I was some kind of scrub. He beat me once and had to use Kabal to do it against some low tier if I remember right and wouldn't play me again after that. lol. Kept griping and moaning about how much I sucked and how he was sick of me coming into his lobby. I told him to grow up and learn how to play. He didn't like that.

It's a shame the world is full of that type of person.

Congrats on putting him to shame.

isamu

Noob
Hello. I would like to know, since everyone plays the MK games via MAME 90% of the time, are there any input files that have been recorded so that those of us with MAME can watch matches via input files instead of via actual video files such AVI or MPEG? In my opinion, being able to watch replay matches from within the emulator itself is much more beneficial since A)The file sizes are incredibly tiny and B)You'd be watching the game *itself* being played rather than from off a video player screen, which obviously isn't as clear.

Please let me know what you guys think of this and whether there are input files floating around out there. I know there were plenty on 2DF's old site but unfortunately none for MK since FBA doesn't support it.