What's new

UMK3 on the Nintendo Wii?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
IGN Wii: What are your thoughts about bringing over classic MK games to the Virtual Console?

Ed Boon: I would love to see that happen!
So it's just speculation at this point, but getting umk3 on the Wii is entirely feasible. Perhaps when the Wii version of MK:Armageddon comes out, they could release UMK3 as well? If it has online play, and it stacks up to the Xbox Live gameplay, then this could be great! I really hope this happens because I was planning on buying a Wii anyway, whereas the 360 I pretty much only wanted for UMK3. Saving myself $400 would be nice! Also, if the Wii doesn't have the same restrictions as the 360 on third-party controllers (no one really knows yet), that would be even more good news.

I think that UMK 3 for WII would be great. I was reading on IGN today about President Reggie being agressive to get top titles to WII. Thats definitely a good sign for this system. With the virtual console though, why not stop at console games. I remember when the Wii was called the Revolution and I heard someone say "arcade revolution". Why not? I think Nintendo is trying hard to change its ways.

The Wii could definitely handle UMK 3. I wonder if we could start a petition or something. Could we? I definitely plan on getting a Wii.

When Boon mentioned past MK games on the Wii, I so hope that he was not referring to the SNES or Sega ports of the games.....

I don't think gameplay would be an issue either. The classic controller should also be called the controller of fighters.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Another potentially good thing is that some Wii games will let you use GameCube controllers. This means that any joystick that worked with GameCube could work on the Wii. So if they allow GC controls on the virtual console, I could just get a $20 GameCube adaptor for my X-Arcade dual joystick!