What's new

UMK3 Command Grab Bomb Trap

Wow you guys were right all along. Tested it with my friend and it worked. It was definitely easier to tech than before and my friend got away various times. I hope they leave Cyrax # 3 like this. This is what should have been done in the first place.

They will find it and over nerf like before. Its nice to think they did it this way to see how it works out, because as a non cyrax player jamming punch when I see it coming is fine for a counter and like the poster above me said, this is the way it should be.

Meh, enjoy the most balanced and best solution to the command grab bomb trap while you can. I'm sure NRS will listen to the majority of feedback they get from people who don't know what they're talking about and then change this.

Really too bad.. Although, it is nice to test gameplay in a 'fixed tech window while bomb trap is still in' setting. It pretty much confirms everything I've ever said about how overkill the patch was.

No matter... Just read that Cyrax is banned from offline tourny play and that it's a bug that's getting hot fixed. They could have at least let people test out the correct version of Cyrax, but it loooks like I was right... overkill patch incoming again.

Seriously... all the people hating on the bomb trap... try it like this while you still can... It's absolutely fine like this.

I hope this overkill poorly thought out patch isn't a foreshadowing of what we can expect in the future.

Sporko

Noob
Ha, I have the lamest reason for not wanting this to last. I don't want to be stuck using the UMK3 skin when I play, cause the modern robot skin is way cooler, heh.

haha, I was thinking the same thing last night.

I was hoping that they'd realize that this was the best choice for a fix, and then implement it for all cyrax skins.

I really should stop hoping. :(

I'll just stick to jp 2, 1, net, jp, 1, 2, 1, ragdoll I guess... that and the 56% 1 bar of course.

just seems so stale and boring now... Maybe I should study Tony-T's vid some more.

Sporko

Noob
So what other observations have people made about UMK3 skin Cyrax? Is he just a copy of pre-patch Cyrax, or do things other than command grab/bomb trap have different properties?

I hate even saying things I haven't officially tested, but I can only test things once a week or once every other week when I session, but there did *seem* to be a couple differences that at least appeared to be visually noticable.

It feels to me like UMK3 Cyrax has a longer cooldown between nets and maybe a faster dash, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Jade101

Noob
They will find it and over nerf like before. Its nice to think they did it this way to see how it works out, because as a non cyrax player jamming punch when I see it coming is fine for a counter and like the poster above me said, this is the way it should be.
umk3 skin should have faster bombs

Well, this is pretty crazy. They will probably end up patching it because most people would complain that its still there, majority wins =(

babalook

Noob
So what other observations have people made about UMK3 skin Cyrax? Is he just a copy of pre-patch Cyrax, or do things other than command grab/bomb trap have different properties?

I hate even saying things I haven't officially tested, but I can only test things once a week or once every other week when I session, but there did *seem* to be a couple differences that at least appeared to be visually noticable.

It feels to me like UMK3 Cyrax has a longer cooldown between nets and maybe a faster dash, but maybe I'm just imagining things.
im not sure about dash but you are correct about the net if you do 21net bb4(whiff) then another net the net will only come out if your not useing the MK3 outfit

Zebster

How's my volume?
@Check_4900 @pakostevens lol UMK3 Cyrax has bomb trap . Now Cyrax is 3-in-1 tier character XD !!!

@mingzang39 some classic characters not getting patch fixes applied is a bug that will Br addressed.

Honfar

Noob
it works but you have to do 2,2

it works for me online all the time but you have to be in mk3 costume and you have to CG, medium bomb, dash iMMEDIATELY, 2,2. it used to be 1,1,1.