What's new

UMK3 Command Grab Bomb Trap

Found out Umk3 Cyrax can do the CG bomb trap while playing with computers, i tested it with the Original costume and it doesnt work but with the UMK3 costumes it does for some reason...

Zebster

How's my volume?
Found out Umk3 Cyrax can do the CG bomb trap while playing with computers, i tested it with the Original costume and it doesnt work but with the UMK3 costumes it does for some reason...
Oh lol, Cyrax is the only character that I know that exists in 3 parts of a single tier list at the same time.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Can anyone video this with AI on constant block?

I would test it but us EU PS3 guys still don't have the klassic robo skins...or the klassic ninja skins.

honestly it is different. i think more people should look into it. i'm noob on on these forums but have been on MK since the start. def works better.

Mosp

Noob
I tried it out earlier and it definitely seems to work, if i had a recording device i would show it in action. Just go to practice mode and set the computer on jump and try the bomb trap using the different costumes and there is a big difference on when the computer will jump regarding the costume being worn.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Test this with a human. AI in training is known to be screwy.

Mosp

Noob
So after testing it online on several people and asking everyone if they were able to escape it or not, it seems that UMK3 skin does still have the bomb trap while the other skins do not.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
UMK3 outfit also has a longer time frame which you have to wait before fireing one net after another
They need to just make all three the same. It's a costume change, not a new character. If they want a new character, make cyber sub-zero.

Not much point in having all 3 have something different, guess it's kinda cool idk? Anyways glad it's back and I still will prob be bad with cyrax lol .

Sporko

Noob
It just doesn't make sense. They went out of their way, nerfing two things to get rid of bomb trap as it was perceived as OP, and then put it right back in a few weeks later, but *only* with one of the three skins?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
As far as I can tell, community opinion over differences between robot and human Cyrax... really the very concept of character differences caused by a change of costume, is a firm "this is really not okay."

...Why would it happen again? It makes me want to rip my own face off just thinking about it.

Tested with my brother last night. Confirmed. MK3 Cyrax absolutely CAN bomb trap.

It looks like what happened, oversight or not, is that MK3 Cyrax seems to be exactly what they should have done in the first place. The command throw tech frames are the same as what they are in the patch, but the bomb trap still works.

It also looks like the opponents meter scales up rather quickly while you're hitting them with it, which means that you'll almost never get the full combo off anyway because they can build up to a breaker very easily.

I hope they leave it like this, because after extensive play last night, the bomb trap is NOT imbalanced at all sbecause of the previously two mentioned things. Said all along that the tech frames were the only problem, and after last night, I'm absolutely sure of it.

Mosp

Noob
I doubt they intentionally put the bomb trap in again. They were probably making the UMK3 skin when the original skin still had the bomb trap and forgot about it? Idk, either way i think it's fine especially with the tech window now.