What's new

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Omega Edition

Flagg

Noob
The haters can whine and complain about how many different versions of SF IV can you have, but if it works, gives the game longevity and keeps the scene alive, why the Hell not? They've been releasing multiple versions of SF since SF II: World Warrior so this should come as no surprise to anyone.

Even with MK X due next year, people on this site would be salivating at the mouth if there was even a whiff of a new version of MK 9 being released.

And yes, some of those "bread and butter" combo's look to be doing 50% damage!

When EX moves are that powerful it makes meter management a lot more interesting.
Well now that I think about it, it would probably reduce the amount of go-to options. Since every character will be able to do 50-60% with 2 EX moves in a combo, there won't be any reason to use EX FADCs or EX RFCs and even less reasons to use Super.

However, in Omega you will still have to constantly think between using your EX moves in combos, or using them defensively/as wake up or in the neutral game when you're trying to zone or get in. Which I think is more interesting personally.

So even if our best and most optimal meter options are reduced to EX moves, the amount of meaningful decisions remains the same.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I know little to nothing about street fighter. But even i can tell that some of those changes are nuts lol

It actually kinda makes me want to pick up the game

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i'm getting nostalgic here, lots of SF EX2 Plus special moves there, this can only mean two things:

1. CAPCOM giving a huge FU to ARIKA which they deserve because they're a bunch of assholes

2. SF5 might actually play more like EX or maybe we will get EX characters as well, is just too much coincidence, i mean:

Shippu Jinrai Kyaku (Omega Ken)
Opening Gambit (Omega Guile)
Yoga Legend (Dahlsim) Yoga pull
Hazan Tenshokyakyu (Chun li) Ex2 plus Senretsu kyaku

I'm like WTF, all those were supers in the ex 2 plus here are just ex moves yets feels so nostalgic, the combo potencial is off the charts too.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The fact that people are shocked and amazed by these tiny edits is really telling about just how stale and rote street fighter has become. I bet Error1 is spinning in his grave.
How would completely changing every character in the game be considered a "tiny edit"?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Omega looks fucking awesome. I can see this getting enough traction to become a serious side tournament, or even main tournament, at every event. There is no way that this won't be insanely fun to play and watch. I actually can't wait to get my hands on this.

Omega mode + hanging out with your buddies gaming + booze = HYPE?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What did Arika ever do to you?
Oh no you did ask

Arika rejected Ono's request to add some of the most Iconics EX Characters during the Arcade Edition release, Capcom planned on bringing Doctrine Dark, Kairi, Shadow Geist and Volcano Rosso, but stupid Arika rejected simple because... pride, Ono was willing to buy the rights for the EX characters, Arika just fucked all up and said no just because... well... you know... pride... instead of using the opotunity to gain some good money with characters that are just rottening in their basement.

It hurts my soul until today that i can't play a refreshed version of Shadow Geist, and Doctrine Dark, it just sucks, i was really looking forward to see them in the game at some point until poison, Hugo, Rolento and Elena being the replacement of those, which i wasn't too hype for it anyway, so i will continue to play Ibuki for USFV and now Omega Chun Li for the time being when this mother fuck patch comes out.

"I said mothefuck Arika, mothefuck Arika mother, mothefuck Arika Daddy, Arika can eat a dick, Arika can lick my bawls"

Audio version replace America with Arika:

trufenix

bye felicia
Oh no you did ask
I'm not sure where you're getting your facts. AFAIK, the Arika situation is the same as the Karin situation is the same as the Strider situation, in that Capcom didn't even bother to ask because they just assumed it would be more work than they were willing to throw at a project they already had zero faith in. I've never heard it anywhere (nor can I find now) that any sf4 producer even remotely tried to reach out to Arika. Meanwhile, they are on the long list of developers Capcom passed over when they settled on Dimps for SF4, and Capcom has made no effort to sequel, port, or digitally re-release the EX series or its characters in the 15+ years they've been re-releasing and porting every other SF from ST to 3S.

In short, if you think Arika (a tiny < 100 man development shop) is at fault for not letting Capcom (a gigantic multi-armed corporation) user their IP in a game for which there would be no compensation, you really have this whole business thing backwards.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm not sure where you're getting your facts. AFAIK, the Arika situation is the same as the Karin situation is the same as the Strider situation, in that Capcom didn't even bother to ask because they just assumed it would be more work than they were willing to throw at a project they already had zero faith in. I've never heard it anywhere (nor can I find now) that any sf4 producer even remotely tried to reach out to Arika. Meanwhile, they are on the long list of developers Capcom passed over when they settled on Dimps for SF4, and Capcom has made no effort to sequel, port, or digitally re-release the EX series or its characters in the 15+ years they've been re-releasing and porting every other SF from ST to 3S.

In short, if you think Arika (a tiny < 100 man development shop) is at fault for not letting Capcom (a gigantic multi-armed corporation) user their IP in a game for which there would be no compensation, you really have this whole business thing backwards.
I remember of someone else asking this question to One which he replied that the Arika Situation is complicated even tho he confirmed that he reached them but they weren't willing to accept to sell the IP.

They used to be a branch of capcom until something went wrong.

Arika do have a grunge with capcpm from these 15+ years for some unknown reason, its something only they and capcom know what's about

also their iP is as good as as dead, all those characters can't be used outside of sf anyway, why wouldnt they sell them?