What's new

Ultimate West Coast Warzone 3! Orange, Ca. "Jan, 14, 2011"

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
I made this post on TYM.

So, I got the idea from Hugo. Apparently we will have East Coast players, and according to Konqrr, a couple of Utah UMK3 players there.

Please give me a list of War Zone contestants who are willing to make this possible! Then I can do some networking, and try my best to get it hosted!

And for you MKvsDC players. This tournament means more than just a UMK3 tournament. This is supporting the MK-Kommunity get MK to tournaments here on the west coast. So if you play MKvsDC, please help me, support and join UMK3. I will do my best to get MKvsDC there as well, at least for casuals.

If I can get support from you guys, in the future, who knows, maybe even MKvsDC. Please post up and support. This has to be Ultimate West Coast Warzone 3!

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
1.Krayzie Bone - CA
2.Hugo101 - CA
3.Online Tony - CA
4.McNasty - Nevada
5.Offcast(Streamer) - CA
6.LI Joe - NY ??
7.GunzaBlaze - CA
8.Tom Brady -
9.AC1984 - ??
10.Rissing - Ok
11.Storms - York, PA ??
12.Darkhood - CA
13.Dammit Rab - CA
14.Sal Says - CA

MKvsDC
1.Krayzie Bone - CA
2.Tom Brady -
3.AC1984 - ??
4.Rissing - Ok
5.Storms - York, PA ??
6.Darkhood - CA
7.GunzaBlaze - CA
8.Sal Says - CA

The following players, I ask for your support in this.

Master Malone
Phantom88
Darkhood88
WC-66er
WC-Ownage
WC-Hitman
Kabezone
Shoryuken
Wonder Chef
Crafty Omega
Sal

If I am missing any of you, ill update this list later. But for now, please post up and let me know if we can make this possible.

This is a movement, and we need to make this possible.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
If you are on the west coast and love UMK3... you should be ashamed of yourself for not posting in here!

Tomorrow I will confirm this, but as it seems. It looks like the west coast will have its first major for mortal kombat, "Jan,14,2011." I worked way too damn hard for people not to show, so lets do it!!!

POST UP IF YOU'RE READY FOR THE HYPE! Get up off that couch and get here!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
Hey guys, just so you know.

This will be 100% confirmed tomorrow. And if you think this is a kids tournament, you are wrong! Its not a side tournament, and finals will be streamed by iplaywinner. So if you're looking for an excuse to travel to the west coast for a UMK3 or MKvsDC tournament, NOW IS THE TIME!

Watchout for UMK3 & MKvsDC @ www.WarzoneTournament.com

There will be a 2 week special, starting on sunday for "UMK3 & MKvsDC" players. The Venue fee will be $20, and $10 for each game(not-including-non-mk-titles). After the 2 weeks, the price will go back up to $40 for the venue fee. If you are planning on attending, I would start thinking about the 2 week special now!

If you are joining SSFIV, UMK3 for example, you will have to pay the full price venue fee.

Shit just got real guys. If any of you ever plan to fly out here for MK. Believe me, now is the time! This wont be a side tournament. And finals will be streamed by iplaywinner.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
*Updated

Teppelin said:
It has been discussed over and we will be cutting Third Strike from the line up to accommodate UMK3. I will be posting further details on our website as well as adjusting the front post soon.

The players who have already signed up for 3s have been notified and have come to an agreement. Unfortunately, 3s receives less entrants every year and with the obvious hunger for representation at WCW3, I want to give the MK community the opportunity to have a good time with us.

Thanks!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
*Update

Teppelin said:
Hi guys,

I will have registration up for MKvsDC and UMK3 up soon. I had a busy day and my plans are still underway so I'll have more posted tomorrow when I get to a computer as opposed to posting from my phone.

Thanks for the support and interest! I hope MKvsDC/UMK3 puts on a great show!

And I will extend the double wristband deal for Afterhours from now until a date I haven't determined yet so book your rooms! =]
*Update

Current List. I will update the first post as things get updated.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
1.Krayzie Bone - CA
2.Hugo101 - CA
3.Online Tony - CA
4.McNasty - Nevada
5.Offcast(Streamer) - CA
6.GunzaBlaze - CA
7.Tom Brady - VA
8.Rissing - Ok
9.Storms - York, PA ???
10.Darkhood - CA
11.Dammit Rab - CA
12.Sal Says - CA
13.Twztid - CA
14.Shoryuken - CA
15.Wonder Chef - CA
16.Ermac2 - Utah
17.Phantom88 - CA
18.WC-66er - CA
19.WC-Ownage - CA
20.WC-Hitman - CA
21.CoMeBaCk386 - Philly
22.Big[Nasty] - Texas
23.Hydro - East Oakland
24.REO - NY

MKvsDC
1.Krayzie Bone - CA
2.Tom Brady - VA
3.Rissing - Ok
4.Storms - York, PA ???
5.Darkhood - CA
6.GunzaBlaze - CA
7.Sal Says - CA
8.Twztid - CA
9.Shoryuken - CA
10.Wonder Chef - CA
11.Marvaz - CA
12.Phantom88 - CA
13.WC-66er - CA
14.WC-Ownage - CA
15.WC-Hitman - CA
16.REO - NY

Krayzie

Co-founder
Administrator
Founder
Hey guys, its official! Go register! GO GO GO!

Its $20 registration fee, plus $10 per game. The discount ends until Sunday, so please take advantage.

http://warzonetournament.com/

Teppelin said:
Greetings folks!

John Rog here and I'm proud to announce that West Coast Warzone 3 is coming Martin Luther King weekend, January 14-16, 2011! I'm very excited to bring back Warzone and I hope to see you in January for a good time =]

Official Site - http://www.warzonetournament.com

Pre-Registration - Early registration ends Nov 31st!! You will pay an extra $10 afterwards and an extra $20 at the door for the venue fee so don't wait, and sign up today! Registration is available through the Warzone website!

At the door registration will be closed to Friday, the 14th ONLY! If you plan to register at the door, please do so on Friday as we will not take your registration on Saturday.

When - January 14th - 16th, 2011

Location (Google Maps) - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=100+The+City+Dr+S+Orange,+CA+92868%09+&sll=33.788111,-117.892006&sspn=0.007535,0.013937&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=100+The+City+Dr+S,+Orange,+California+92868&z=17
100 The City Drive
Orange, CA
USA 92868
Tel: +1-714-634-4500
Fax: +1-714-978-3839

Lots of places to grab a drink, eat, and chill near by!

Games -
Super Street Fighter IV (singles and 3v3 team tournament)
Tekken 6
Super Street Fighter II: HD-Remix
Marvel vs Capcom 2
MvC2 Low Tier
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Setups -
We will continue to use the ASUS VH236 monitors for HD games. This way, everyone has an equally positive experience.

Most of the tournament games will be run on XBOX360s over HDMI.

Tekken 6 will be on PS3 on ASUS monitors.
3rd Strike will be on PS2 Anniversary Edition on SD TVs.
Marvel vs Capcom 2 will be on Dreamcast on SD TVs.
UMK3 will be played on MAME
MKvsDCU will be played on PS3

Details -
Venue Fee -
$20 before Nov 30st, 2010
$30 before Jan 12th, 2011
$40 at the door (Jan 14th only)

Each game entry will be $10.

Prize payouts - 70/20/10

Schedule -
Posted and updated at the website.

Hotel -
The Double Tree Anaheim/Orange County is a full service hotel and the home of West Coast Warzone 3. Beautiful rooms and spacious public areas make for a great venue for us to host our event. We encourage you to book a room and make a weekend of the event. Those who have followed us over the last three years know that booking hotel rooms helps us continue to run Warzone. If you are able, please book a room! We have incentive for you to do so. Check out the site for Afterhours information =]

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/SNACCDT-WCW-20110114/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG"]You can book now by clicking here!

Friday Night
The 3v3 team tournament will start at 7pm sharp and end at 11pm. All other stations will be on free play. Come out, enjoy the evening, and get in with your fellow fighting gamers!

Kai and I have put in a lot of planning into making sure Warzone is going to be an awesome experience so be sure to set your date, mark your calendar, and make room for West Coast Warzone 3!

West Coast Warzone has always been a soul powered event. By the fans, for the fans always rings true at California’s premier fighting game tournament. The fans have asked and we have come to an agreement to provide Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe at West Coast Warzone 3! To make sure that all of our players have an equallly epic tournament experience, adding these games required us to create space and time. To create this space, we unfortunately have to drop Street Fighter III: Third Strike from our line up. While we love Third Strike at Warzone, it was hard to justify hosting a game with such few entrants. Perhaps with a revival of Third Strike, the game can make an appearance at Warzone again in the future.

To welcome the addition of Mortal Kombat, West Coast Warzone is running a special discounted rate until December 19th, 2010 providing the early registration price of $20. This price will go back up to $30 after the 19th so don’t delay and sign up today!

There are still rooms available at the Doubletree Orange and we have extended our offer of double entries into Warzone Afterhours when booking a room. Warzone Afterhours will complete your tournament experience and provide you with countless hours of pure fighting game bliss.

We have even bigger news coming soon so stay tuned!
Schedule of Events:

Friday | 1/14/2011
7:00pm – Super Street Fighter IV 3v3
7:00pm – Casuals | All Games

Saturday | 1/15/2011
11:00am – Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Continued
11:00am – Tekken 6
11:00am – Marvel vs Capcom 2
11:00am – Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

2:00pm – Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 | To be completed on Saturday
2:00pm – Super Street Fighter II: HD Remix
2:00pm – Marvel vs Capcom 2 Low Tier | To be completed on Saturday

4:00pm – Super Street Fighter IV

Midnight – Warzone Afterhours in the California Ballroom

Sunday | 1/16/2011
11:00am – Tekken 6
12:30pm – Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
2:00pm – Super Street Fighter II: HD Remix
3:30pm – Marvel vs Capcom 2
5:00pm – Marvel vs Capcom 2
6:30pm – Super Street Fighter 4
Teppelin said:
Hi everyone,

As UMK3 and MKvsDCU were added late, I'm running a week long special to add these games at the first registration price of $20. This means from now until the end of Sunday (12/19/10), the venue fee has been reduced to $20 for all entrants.

Make sure you also book your hotel rooms and get double entries into Afterhours where we will be providing entertainment until the wee hours of the morning!

The sign ups so far have been more than Kai and I have anticipated and we have even bigger news coming in January so don't wait and sign up today!

Thanks folks!
All Games:
Tournament: Double Elimination
Stage Selection: Random unless agreed upon by both players
Match: Best 2 out of 3 games except Super Street Fighter 4 team tournament
No turbo button or macros allowed during tournament play
Any button mapping allowed by the game (ex: PPP) are allowed.

Payouts:
70%/20%/10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively

Super Street Fighter 4 Singles
Game: 2 out of 3 rounds
Time: 99 Second rounds
Winners/Losers/Grand Finals: Best 3/5 games
Loser may switch character
Ultras may be changed anytime between games
No characters are banned
Pause = Forfeit round
No macro/turbo buttons allowed during play

Super Street Fighter 4 Teams (3v3)
Follows Singles tournament rules sans the following:
Pokemon style (winner stays on)
Same character teams allowed
Single game per team member
Single set per match until top 8
Top 8 is best 2/3 sets

Tekken 6
Game: 3 out of 5 rounds
Time: 99 seconds
No banned characters

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Game: 1 round
Time: 99 seconds
No banned characters
No game breaking/freezing glitches

Marvel vs Capcom 2: Low Tier
Follows Marvel vs Capcom 2 Singles Rules
Banned Characters:
Magneto | Storm | Sentinel | Cable | Blackheart | Spiral | Ironman | War Machine | Dr. Doom | Tron’s Y-Assist

Restricted Characters (a team can have a maximum of one of these characters):
Captain Commando | Cammy | Psylocke | Cyclops | Strider

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Superman and Flash infinite is banned.
Random stage select.
Regular matches: Best of 3 Games
Finals: Best of 5 Games

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3:
Regular matches: Best of 3 Games
Finals: Best of 5 Games
**Nothing is banned unless you’re using the Juggernaut Hack on MAME. If so, Noob Saibot is banned from tournament play. Other than this, the game is played as is.

Super Street Fighter II: HD-Remix
Game: 2 out of 3 rounds
Time: 99 Second rounds
Loser may switch character
Akuma is banned

AC1984

Kaballin!
Just came back from a long trip. I would like to say so many things right now but feel kind of limited at the same time. Congratulations to all who went and support Mortal Kombat. Congratulations to Tony,McNasty and Pasadena for the good placement in UMK3 and to Tom Brady,Bone and Shoryuken for MKDC...Deep inside i knew that Bone and Tom are gonna place that well in DC...Even being apart from a PC in Europe i still managed to sneak here and there and check the situation and I feel so cool that this event happened. Here is the time to thank Bone for the hard work and passion...without you my man...mk would not have been recognized over there.

In other words, good stuff guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!