What's new

Ultimate Kombat Kodes UMK3

I heard that someone hacked into midway or something, and this is how the UKK for cyber smoke was figured out.

But what about the UKK for UMK3? It seems like it would be real hard for the fans to have figured it out through trial and error.

The UKK has 10 boxes with 10 symbols, this allows for 10^10=100,000,000,000 possible combinations. Thats way too many. I find it hard to beleive that enough people actually went to the arcade and tried random combinations untill they found the right one, and they had to achieve this not once, but 3 times to get ermac, mileena and classic sub. So did midway leak out the UKKs for UMK3 or did the fans figure it out on their own? or was it another hacker job?

By the way, has anyone figured out the UKKs for MKT(n64) that unlock hsmoke and Khameleon? does it even exist? if fans can find 3 10 digit kombat codes, then finding a 2 6 digit UKK should be no problem....I heard a rumor that the UKKs for MKT doesnt even exist, and the UKK screen is just a progamming artifact left behind from earlier versions of MKT(n64s) development.

honestly i doubt that a fan would figure it out, midway would wait a few months after release and then give away the secrets most game company's do this they will go to videogame fansite and post cheats under a random name so nobody would actually know it was the game company itself

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The UMK3 kodes were, for the most part the same for both P1 and P2 parts of the kode. I believe they were all found by players...MK3 Smoke on the other hand I think was leaked.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Whether fans found the UKKs before they were published I am not sure but they were definately published. The point of all the codes in the game was marketting so the MK team would have used the codes as a tool to earn some extra money. Probably by telling a few magazines "Hey, gamers want this code, who wants to be the first to publish it!" and then let them fight over it.

kombat_veteran said:
By the way, has anyone figured out the UKKs for MKT(n64) that unlock hsmoke and Khameleon? does it even exist? if fans can find 3 10 digit kombat codes, then finding a 2 6 digit UKK should be no problem....I heard a rumor that the UKKs for MKT doesnt even exist, and the UKK screen is just a progamming artifact left behind from earlier versions of MKT(n64s) development.
You use cheats for that:

During the intro story with goro's lair as the background enter:
Block, HK, LK, Run, LP, HP, HP, HP, LP, LP
or
C-Up, C-Right, C-Down, A, B, B, B, A, A

That unlocks hidden menu's at the options screen, one from which you can choose to unlock h-smoke and khameleon.

Like I said, I really doubt the UKKs for UMK3 were found by fans. THey had no way of knowing that the kodes were going to be the same for both P1 and P2. I think one was even asymetrical and not same for both.

even if the fans could enter a UKK code every second, thats 60 per minute, 3,600 per hour. if they did this for 24 hours without sleeping, using the bathroom, or eating, it would take them about 115,740 days to have tried all possible combinations. The UKKS came out what, only a few months after UMK3s release, theres just no way they found all 3 ukks in just a few months!!! If they did, that would have required some kind of massive organized effort, where they divide fans up into teams and and they each were assigned to try a certain set of combinations out of the total set of combinations. THeyd be hogging the UMK3 arcade machines just to try codes all across the country. We definitely would have heard about this big massive effort wouldnt we? lets not forget these time calculations assume they can do a UKK every second. really, you have to play and then get game over, this would take a minute of wating time to get to the UKK screen at the fastest. so really, its 1 per minute, this pushing it far beyong 115,740 of kode trying days. obviously, theres no way the fans did it. midway leaked them out.

as for the MKT(n64), I wasnt asking about the button tap codes. I was refering tro the 6-digit combat code. In MKT(n64), when you get game over, it takes you to a UKK screen, just like MK3 psx and the MK3arcades. and you have to enter in a kombat code. I was asking if anyone figured them out, or can verify if they even exist in the game. I heard a rumor that the UKK screen for MKT(n64) was bullshit, no kodes really exist. I guess the screen is to get you to waste your time, or wasa programming artifact from earlier versions. true?

I too think the UKKs were part of a marketing strategy. Not only did it help them make money from the publishers (the highest bidding gameing magazine), but it also prolonged the life of UMK3. after a amonth or 2, after fans have played the crap out of it, and it gets stale, you realease the UKKs, 3 new characters to the line up. its almost like an 3rd mk3 upgade (in a way), so it breathes new life into it.

I really wish they would have done something like this with the 3d mortal kombats. I fvcking hate the unlockable reward thing. It sucks you have to collect coins and shit to unlock another character. Just have codes, wait awhile, and then release them, like they did with UMK3.

On an arcade version of UMK3 or MK3. assuming the characters have not been unlocked, when ever you get game over, instead of showing you a "game over" screen, it takes you to a screen with a big kombatcode box in it where you get 10 seconds to enter in the ultimate kombat kode. Once you unlock all 3 characters, and you get game over, it takes you to the "game over" screen instead, no more UKK screen.

ITs only in the arcade versions. THe home versions dont have this. But the MK3 emulation for midways arcade treasures does since its an arcade emulation.

ded

Elder God
umk3 for saturn has ukk too with 6 digits, and mk3/umk3 snes has various kk at the game over screen

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I knew and memorized all 3 ukks for UMK3 before the game was released. I put the characters in half a dozen machines in NJ, some more than once.