What's new

Question - Raiden Two "fly" moves??

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...

As you can see on my screenshot,
we have 2 different fly moves(electric-thunder) plus 2 enhance extends = 4??
I gonna guess the second one(thunder fly) adds armor also maybe a bit faster?10 frames like mk9?
Also you can enhance this move only in this variation if i remember correct..

isnt the thunder fly the one that goes diagonally up, like an anti-air tool?

edit: or it is just enhancing the enhanced, the one that ends up in the teleport and punch Animation.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Considering the notation is the same for both (B,F-X), I'm going to guess that the Thunder Fly is just the Electric Fly but with armor on the move. In MKX you could EX a move AND you could also meter burn it. This means you could spend two meters on one move. Scorpion's spear could be EX'd and meter burned and Liu Kang's fireballs do both too, just like this.

Considering the notation is the same for both, I'm going to guess that the Thunder Fly is just the Electric Fly but with armor on the move. In MkX you could EX a move AND you could also meter burn it. This means you could spend two meters on one move.
looking at it, it seems mkx has both the mk9 and injustice way of meterburning. preemptive like mk9, confirming like inj. so in this case you can have the Torpedo (dunno why they ever changed the name) armored or unarmored, while armor is a commitment, and on hit you can MB it into the teleport-> Punch Animation.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
There are two "fly" moves.

One is horizontal fly. EX version makes Raiden teleport mid-animation (after move connects) and deliver a punch that throws opponent back, thus swapping places. I have no idea what makes it worth a bar, especially considering that it looks like you will be able to MB it after it connects.

Another is diagonal move that can be used as AA. EX version allows to combo off it.

You can see both in Raiden trailer.

Interesting, I don't think anyone else noticed this! Good eye :)
The same thing is probably happening with Shinnok's Hell Sparks, as I mentioned in our little "Cabal chat" so to say;), he can MB it at any point but ( maybe specific to Impostor variation) he can also Ex it from the start making it armored)!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The same thing is probably happening with Shinnok's Hell Sparks, as I mentioned in our little "Cabal chat" so to say;), he can MB it at any point but ( maybe specific to Impostor variation) he can also Ex it from the start making it armored)!
Nice to know that, at least it makes sense this way.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Please post screen shots of every category along with frame data... plz. lol

EDIT: Just realized this was from the angry joe thing. Nvm.