What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kenjutsu Tutorial: How to consistently land D1 after DB1 in Kenjutsu.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Landing a D1 after DB1 is one of the most executional links in Mortal Kombat X, but its Kenshi's only way of getting meterless damage in his Kenjutsu variation. Luckily, the game cues you.

Notice at the start of the video when Kenshi puts Sento back in its sheath, there is a flash. Use this flash on Kenshi's back to signal the timing of the D1. You want to try to press it right on as the flash begins or slightly before it in strings like 1,1, or 1,1,4. Observe when the D1 hits in the video, it hits right when Sento's sheath flashes. Practice this and eventually it will become muscle memory.

@Pig Of The Hut
@Blackula
@Immortal
@FrothyOmen
@MrProfDrPepper
@Lt. Box

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Landing a D1 after DB1 is one of the most executional links in Mortal Kombat X, but its Kenshi's only way of getting meterless damage in his Kenjutsu variation. Luckily, the game cues you.

Notice at the start of the video when Kenshi puts Sento back in its sheath, there is a flash. Use this flash on Kenshi's back to signal the timing of the D1. You want to try to press it right on as the flash begins or slightly before it in strings like 1,1, or 1,1,4. Observe when the D1 hits in the video, it hits right when Sento's sheath flashes. Practice this and eventually it will become muscle memory.

@Pig Of The Hut
@Blackula
@Immortal
@FrothyOmen
@MrProfDrPepper
@Lt. Box
That combo is super super good

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah 41% one bar is amazing bbuutt.. It's very executional. Hopefully we get a buff to make the D1 link more easier. Hell, I would love to do S1 after it but that's only possible in the corner.
Yes tried it

Too f ing hard and if u miss it u waste a bar

ili6741

Noob
The d1, b32 xx db4 variation is quite hard to do, but just hitting the d1 part sure isn't. I mean yeah, Kenjutsu Kenshi might need more executional prowess than most other characters in MKX, but that doesn't really say anything since MKX is one of the least execution intensive FG:s out there. Its not a 1 frame link or anything, feels more like ~3 frames to me (Capcom game background).

A tips when doing the RS > d1 xx EX db4 combos is to try and do t he d1 as late as possible instead of as early as possible. This way even if you screw up the combo you'll only get a d1 whiff, while if try to time the d1 as early as possible and you press it too early, you'll get an EX db4 (whiff) and die. It also helps a lot if you have negative edge turned off, so you don't accidentally get the EX out if the d1 whiffs.

RS > d1 > 43 xx stuff works in the corner and is slightly easier to execute. If you use 1 bar the dmg is the same as d1 > b32, but meterless it does 2% more. (32%)