What's new

Trying to fight Muffin Muggers Reptile online with Mileena. What should i do?

Hey Nelson.
When i remember playing you, first thing is first.
lets get this straight, Every Mileena plays the same. i mean she only has like what, 3 combos? lol. I reccomend trying to eliminate me from dashing with projectiles, and just rolling and teleporting at the right times, When i played you it was a bit obvious when you were going to do it. from there, I was just implementing my own pressure that no other reptile uses. hope that helped.
Clayman you're an idiot.

KRYS9984

Noob
One little tip would be to take advantage of Reptiles weird hitbox.

When Mileena executes a regular telekick cancelled into sai on any character, the kick will make contact but the sai will wiff overhead leaving you to be punished. However, against Reptile you can abuse the regular telekick a little becuase (for some reason) the sai will always hit him in the face on stand block and you will be granted advantage. If he crouch blocks, the sai will not hit but his options are limited, Reptile does not punish Mileenas telekicks very well.

You also need to heavily zone with projectiles from full screen. Use your ground sai and instant air sai (at face level) heavily to nullify the green balls and dash. You can also try to tone down the zoning at some point to bait a green ball. Due to the slow start-up on this move, you can easily telekick on reaction and be granted +31 on hit and a free jump in + pressure.

Don't try to fight him around jump distance and go in for D4's because Reptile will dash you to oblivion. Also, naked rolls are not recommended; if blocked, this is Reptiles opportunity to hit you with a higher damage combo and set-up a pressure game with an EN Slow Ball combo ender. All of a sudden he will be in on offense and you will have to take or counter whatever he dishes out.

This is a great match-up that can easily go either way. It all comes down to the player and their use / abuse of mindgames.

Zangrief

Noob
One little tip would be to take advantage of Reptiles weird hitbox.

When Mileena executes a regular telekick cancelled into sai on any character, the kick will make contact but the sai will wiff overhead leaving you to be punished. However, against Reptile you can abuse the regular telekick a little becuase (for some reason) the sai will always hit him in the face on stand block and you will be granted advantage. If he crouch blocks, the sai will not hit but his options are limited, Reptile does not punish Mileenas telekicks very well.

You also need to heavily zone with projectiles from full screen. Use your ground sai and instant air sai (at face level) heavily to nullify the green balls and dash. You can also try to tone down the zoning at some point to bait a green ball. Due to the slow start-up on this move, you can easily telekick on reaction and be granted +31 on hit and a free jump in + pressure.

Don't try to fight him around jump distance and go in for D4's because Reptile will dash you to oblivion. Also, naked rolls are not recommended; if blocked, this is Reptiles opportunity to hit you with a higher damage and set-up a pressure game with an EN Slow Ball combo ender. All of a sudden he will be in on offence and you will have to take or counter whatever he dishes out.

This is a great match-up that can easily go either way. It all comes down to the player and their use / abuse of mindgames.
Good stuff. I'm gonna keep it in mind when I fight reptiles too.

I would advise not to use ex telekick and save it for ex rolls or breakers. The reason for this is Reptile has the same punish for both regular and ex telekicks so there is no reason to spend meter on that move.

KRYS9984

Noob
Good stuff. I'm gonna keep it in mind when I fight reptiles too.
Good stuff man!

I've fought countless of Reptiles (online) and sometimes the best solution is to just fight him from full screen and carefully chose your moments to go on offense. Due to lag, Mileena does not have a good answer to blocked dashes and cannot truely fight him up close; even though her roll is 12 frames on start-up and his dash is -15 if blocked, your window is reduced to about 10 frames and you will just roll into him eating a combo. I will sometimes go for a 10 frame throw as one of my options but in reality, it isn't the best option.

Offline is a different story, you can get in a little closer a possibly bait dashes + punish, but online you're reduced to the bare minimum.

KRYS9984

Noob
I would advise not to use ex telekick and save it for ex rolls or breakers. The reason for this is Reptile has the same punish for both regular and ex telekicks so there is no reason to spend meter on that move.
Correct,

There really is no need to spend meter on EN telekicks unless you need to secure a round on chip damage.

Her regular telekick is good enough and you should spend the meter on breakers or EN Roll as Charlie2417 mentioned.

The breaker will come in handy to reset the situation and get you back to zoning and the EN Rolls will allow you B3 / 4,2 EN Roll mindgames.