What's new

Question Trying out Smoke,give me the basics.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What's Smoke's playstyle?

Does he have good pressure?

How do you inflict damage if the opponent knows to block high and that you'll only do damage through pokes xx smoke bomb?

help would be appreciated,currently trying out Scorpion Smoke and Reptile as my alt

hardwire

Noob
smokes play style is a mix between rush down and zoner i belive we came up with the monicker for him zone down.

basicly your going to try to keep the other player at a nice range untill you are ready for him to be close to you either with smoke bomb wiffed tele punch or smoke toward/away.
3d12 is smokes best pressure its not fast but when it hits a block it hits a block

how we get damage is jip to throw to get them scared to hold block or low sweeps to get them to try to block low then we hit with a b2 3 sb and crush em.

there are some basics good luck to ya
when you get smoke down you will never go back.

Ask Smoke Thread.

Smoke plays a defensive, punish-style game. He's not a zoner, he's not rushdown. He's not really even inbetween. With smoke, you need to make good reads on your opponent, and be able to manipulate their mind in order to win. Footsies are of supreme concern with this character. I've always played smoke in a way that forces my opponent to be as aggressive as possible, giving me the largest number of chances to punish him for even trying.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
3 d1 2/d1/d3/b23/3 d1/214 x Smoke Bomb/21 x Smoke bomb/d4/d1 x Smoke Towards/Sweep = his pressure.I'm sure I'm missing a few stuff but that's what I can think of right now.

AA:2 , dash , 2 , dash , d1 x Smoke bomb , 32 , 3 d1 2 , 214 x(teleport)/invis , (teleport)/invis

Zoning: mash Smoke away and projectile parry lol

IDK that's the basics I guess.