What's new

Trouble modding PS3 MLG arcade stick

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
MLGstick.jpg I'm having trouble opening the top part of the case to the fight stick. This is my first mod so Im noob at this. I have all the screws out of the top of the case where I had to use a hex key. The top is not coming off like I see in many of SF4 TE mod videos. Maybe I'm not applying enough pressure to lift the top, but I thought it would come right off and I'm afraid to break anything. Another difference from the two sticks is there an additional box piece inside the case once i open the bottom up with it's own screws. Almost like a second bottom. There is cutouts just large enough where i can see the bottom of the buttons but hardly any room to work with. I replaced the restrictor plate but i want to replace the buttons too. How the hell do I get the top off without breaking it?

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Do i have to take the top screws off plus the bottom screws inside the case? Like I said before I may not be applying enough pressure to separate the pieces but I'm afraid of breaking something.

gummo

Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can!
You need to remove the 6 screws on the top and use an exacto knife or other blade under the artwork around the sides.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
You need to remove the 6 screws on the top and use an exacto knife or other blade under the artwork around the sides.
I didnt really want to mod it but one of the buttons broke within 2 weeks of using the stick. Thanks for the help, I finally got it a part but there are washer that are "glued" on the top on the case and I broke a couple of them off not using the right tool :-(. So make sure you use a 3 millimeter hex key for all you noob modders like myself. It's basically a 6 sided circle-ish hextagon screw driver. Thanks Gummo and Tim Static for the advice :).

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Gummo thanks a bunch. That will save me a few dollars and multiple trips to the store :). I was using tape to cover the holes till I figured out what to do and apparently tape is not sexy lol.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw