What's new

Tech - TriBorg Triborg vs. Smoke Tech

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Messing around in the lab the other day and accidentally did a F43 after Smoke did a string into regular smoke bomb and realized that it actually punishes smoke for a good chunk of damage with Cyrax, Sektor and CSZ. Sorry if this was already common knowledge but I don't recall having seen it before. I'm guessing it works due to the fact that the second hit of F43 is airborne, it also works with Triborg's B3U4 string but it's a tad more difficult.

The video shows a sample punish with Cyrax, probably not optimized. Sorry for the quality.

edit: also works with Ermac's standing 4 as noted by @WhiteOut few days ago as well as Mileena's 33 frame overhead F3 lol, so yeah probably a few other characters that have normals that put them off the ground will be able to punish like this.

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
That's awesome mate, I'll definitely be using this. Only thing is that they can start baiting it and neutral duck the 3 in f43 for a punish but it's pretty cool regardless.

Wyntword

Noob
Wow, that's quite hard to believe, gonna test it in a lab for sure:D It punishes smoke bomb started with any string right?

Last edited:
Scorpion
f3
f2 non Ninjutsu
Kano
f4
Jax
f4
d'vorah
U4
Kothal Khan
f2
Tremor
U3
Kenshin Possesed
f4
Kung lao
Jaquie briggs
U2
Kung Jin
s4
b3
Those are the hop strings that I know top of my head. Can someone test it further?.

Last edited:

Wyntword

Noob
But it's not very safe, I just labed it and if you (as a smoke player) hold "back" so the bomb hits close - you cannot punish it with full combo, at least with triborg's f43... F4 connects but then you get hit with the bomb, so idk if it worth it. I could be wrong, since I'm not a veteran here, but at least for me it didn't work. Anybody else tried it?